The Central Midfield Thread

That’s my sense too. Otherwise Klopp would just say our business is done like he did after we signed Darwin

1 Like

Not sure where else to put this but with the amount of injuries we’re facing after two weeks in the season, it seems as though our league credentials are already screwed and it’s not getting any better. Keita isn’t even in the squad and I don’t think it’s injury-related this time.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1561776884970651650?s=21&t=2zvtoolbloFPU6j2UfqyMg

None of the journos seem to be falling for it. Something is up.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s the convenient narrative?

You were not watching the game if you think a midfielder could have helped that load of shit today.

I bet a fit Thiago would have. Might have had an ounce of creativity, like the bit Carvalho brought when he came on.

Honestly don’t know how anyone thinks we’re fine in that area having seen another strained finger nail on the day of the game for Naby and 72 minutes of Milner trudging about.

A quality midfielder would have. Milner is too slow in there and gets played around. He’s a good player even at this age, Millie, but he shouldn’t be starting games now and United started really quickly and it showed. That’s not to say he can’t run 13km in a game, just that he’s doing it slower. It is what it is for him but our midfield is automatically a yard behind a team starting quickly. Also, Milner and Henderson can’t take a ball on the half turn so when a team is pressing we’re hampered in our ability to play through and break the line.

Thiago would have made a huge difference today, as would an athletic player with good close control with the ability to break a press. We didn’t have that and we got overrun and just couldn’t get going.

1 Like

Yes. I meant a new midfielder signing.

cannot wait for the shower of shit coming in this thread.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

He made a couple of really nice runs that caused them issues. Unfortunately his legs dont let him finish it off. He is now down to being a decoy runner but we kept playing him the ball

2 Likes

How about a half decent alternative to either Thiago or Fabinho then? Proper ones, not just “can do a job” types.

Probably still wouldn’t have made much of a difference given the slow start, lack of effort and poor performances around them but it may have helped turn two points against Palace and Fulham into six and then this wouldn’t seem nearly as bad a blow.

We also wouldn’t have had to watch Milner prove time and tide waits for no man for 72 minutes.

1 Like

Can’t be any worse than the shower of shit we had to watch tonight.

6 Likes

that will fool a few twitter heads, wont fool anyone even close to running a football club selling us a midfielder we are even remotely interest in.

I highly doubt it, given that for the most part we didn’t have anyone in their penalty box at all.

Fans - “We need some fucking new players”

Club -“Let’s start negotiating new deals for Naby Ox and Milner.”

Fabinho, could be past his best days
Henderson, is past his best days
Keita, cant be relied upon at all due to always been injured
Jones, isn’t ready to be relied upon consistently
Elloitt, is he ready to be a starter in premier league games?
Ox, not even a premier league level player anymore
Thiago, still quality.
Milner, is past it.

1 Like

You literally defined the type of player Gini is

But, for the umpteenth time, who is available? We know the club went for Tchoumeni. We know they like Bellingham. They are generally open to buying a midfielder, but they are not in the business of just bring in a player who isn’t right for them just to have another body.

If there was a player out there that could improve the team he would be wearing red right now. Klopp has said it a few times now. If the right player is available then they will do it. There was a lot of noise about Nunes, but he went to Wolves with no move at all from us. We weren’t interested.

It’s just not good enough criticising the club for not buying a midfielder, when you are totally unwilling to put your head above the parapet and actually name one.

There is a lad on a Facebook group I’m on going on and on about Tielemans. For Fucks sake.

We’ll see what happens over the next week. I have a feeling we are going to do something.

Yes. Yes, he is. He was one of the best players on the pitch again tonight.

But there is a risk of overplaying him. Ideally, we need to see Hendo now settling into the role of backing him up on the right hand side.