The Central Midfield Thread

19 games in 75 days. Only games out of those where we could use youth players would be the second last which is the League Cup against Derby County.

Same goes probably for most new signing who are available and could come in so late.

Will be tight but we should be able to make it until November.

I think because of the break during the world club we will be more open to make business in January.

1 Like

I guess you are right. We are gambling that over the season we donā€™t have to many injuries at one time and be able to field a decent midfield. They will say that the right midfieder was not available but that will probably because Klopp said we donā€™t need one until a week ago.

Donā€™t be surprised if this will bite us in the ass.

The 5 subs rule will help with the busy schedule.

It would be as much a gamble panic buying too.

1 Like

You donā€™t need to sign another central midfielder if you drop your starting requirements from 3 to 2ā€¦

Think About It GIF by Identity

Without calling it too early, it looks like this season might be similar the one prior to last in terms of injuries, and I donā€™t see it as a coincidence that we havenā€™t really had major injury problems in years prior to 2020 but now have it happening every second year. Players are older. This is what the future looks like if we keep this midfield.

Like you I see far too many midfielders on the books right now. I personally want to see at least 3 gone and 2 to come in who will fight for first team football. Its the area of the pitch we are desperate for a complete revamp in.

5 Likes

Only if we have a good early lead in the games.

When was the last time we were 5-0 up in a game? :grin:

That depends on the match and who is available.

It is great to give the kids a chance against Bournemouth when you are 6-0 up but when you play Chelsea and you are 1-0 down with 30 minutes to play and Klopp glances back whoā€™s on the bench and all you see is the 37-old Milner, Clark and Bajcetic he knows he is in deep shit.

2 Likes

As long as we donā€™t stifle the development of Clark and Bajcetic - both look big strong CMs.

1 Like

This just popped up on my Twitter like an unwanted boil in a sensitive area. Wtf. Did he say they for real? Somebody tell me thatā€™s fake.

Click on the twitter handle and it tells you straight away itā€™s a parody.

Fucking Jay Spearing - any fan who thinks thatā€™s for real needs to go put themselves in the bin and have a long hard think.

1 Like

Youā€™re posting in the wrong thread.

This belongs in the borderline funny thread

Itā€™s not even Borderline funny. Its crap!

Spearing now looks like the recent victim of a vampire attack

Jay Spearing is our new James Milner!

He will tame all the beasts of the opposition!

997b27fe12938bdad2978c63f7591a1a

2 Likes

Barkley and Spearingā€¦ Local lad biasā€¦ A midfield dreams are made of.

1 Like

Sounds like Sh*t lawyers. Talk and great game but let you down in court.

1 Like

Actually, I think itā€™s Kloppā€™s fuck up re the Midfield.

Earlier in the summer, after the Tchouameni deal fell through. he was bullish to the point of argumentative with the suggestion we need a new midfielder. There is an Anfield Wrap interview where he properly lays into Neil Atkinson over the midfield issues.

He maintains this in interviews and press duties - with the message that we are fine and he backs his lads - right up to the point where Keita gets injured.

He then does the apology press conference where he says he was wrong about the midfield and other people were right (which I take to mean within the club)

His latest press is saying that heā€™d like to take more risks with signings. Which could relate to money (but it would be a bit out of character if so) or it could refer to the suitability of the player.

Sorry about kicking a sacred cow, but I think this is on Klopp. Heā€™s a bit all over the place, and I think (if this is what is happening) itā€™s a bit shit to put the blame on the club when he has likely been the biggest block to getting a midfielder in this summer.

Heā€™s allowed a fuck up though. We love him.

6 Likes
1 Like

Kroos it is, keep it quiet lads.
I donā€™t want the media to find out until its public knowledge.