The Central Midfield Thread

Glad the Arthur deal is as good as done and that the window will finally close in a few hours.

Did not read many posts but feels like some people are not happy with that signing.

I am sure Klopp sees something in him and can get the best out of him - like he did with many other players before.

Time to appreciate what we have, don’t think about what could have been and most importantly attack those two big trophies.

2 Likes

Just as an academic point. Who?

Other than Robbo and possibly Matip everyone we’ve bought under Klopp has lived up to what was expected of them.

Yes of course JK has done fantastically well but other than the two I mentioned, none were unexpected surprises.

Ox and Keita are unfortunate cases in that had they been fit they would have surely fulfilled their potential

Virgil van Dijk best CB in the world

Salah best attacker in the world

Trent best RB in the world

Hendo staying at the club and lifting every possible trophy as club captain

Firmino redefining the #9 position

So all this was expected and would have happened at other clubs and under other managers too?

2 Likes

matty love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia
They’d all be great but it’s fair point that Klopp pushed them to the next level

2 Likes

Three goalkeepers if necessary.:grinning:

Highly disagree.

Klopp pushes player a few levels higher than they could ever be.

And no, most of them would not be great. Probably not even relevant anymore.

2 Likes

This is taking a while to be announced. I’m scarred due to Carvalho

You’re taking the piss right? You were expecting Salah to break all those records? TAA to tear up Europe at 19? Mane, Bobby, Gini, Hendo…basically everyone that hasn’t been injured all the time

5 Likes

Thanks Joe.

Even before joining Liverpool Klopp initiated the careers of so many great players and saved the careers of so many players who were basically done.

Hendo would surely be back at Sunderland a long time ago if it wasn’t for Klopp.

1 Like

The likes of Firmino, Lovren and Lallana were good examples of Klopp getting the best out of players.

Rodgers had no idea how to use Firmino and the other two were utter rubbish until he came in.

Nah, in Hendo’s case I don’t agree. He already turned the corner a long time ago when Klopp took over. He was one of our (rare!) top performers (along with Coutinho and Sterling) the previous season in 14/15.

2 Likes

He also has a long list of players who have left his tutelage and never looked half the player again. Lewondowski and Gundogan are maybe the only two players I can think of who moved and lived up to expectations.

Thanks to Klopp.

If he doesn’t get suspended I reckon we win the league in 14/15

2 Likes

Klopp took over in early 15/16 season. Hendo already had about 2 and a half successful years with us and won the armband. Of course, it’s impossible to know if he’d still be here in 2022, but Hendo is a successful story at Liverpool apart from that somewhat difficult start and when he almost left under Rodgers.

3 Likes
1 Like

For some reason I highly doubt that…

1 Like

We’d have definitely played better against Chelsea at home and I don’t think we draw away at Palace either

Check your dates

2 Likes

Ugh you’re right