The Central Midfield Thread

I think Klopp would sooner resign than see that happen.

Unless we’re prepared to pay his contract in full, it would also be illegal.

You carry on though.

4 Likes

Hope i will be proven wrong asap but to me it seems Hendo is as good as done as a #8.

It was always clear to me that it would happen at some point.

Him and Fabinho to share the #6 position from next season on. Maybe an academy player as third choice.

We don’t need more. Especially not Declan Rice who is less mobile than Fab and Hendo.

We need to add two quality #8 players.

2 Likes

Rice’s slow lateral mobility and lack of agility makes him unsuitable to play 6 for us

2 Likes

I disagree on Rice.
He is the ideal replacement for Hendo.

When Hendo was Rice’s age the world was still covered mostly with water but he covered the rest.

What can Declan do?

1 Like

I related news I see Keita has been called up by Guinea for the forthcoming internationals.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

We’ve seen this before, haven’t we?They call him up for an independent assessment, their ‘doctor’ declares him magically fit to play, he goes on, aggravates the injury, out for three months

He is a good vertical runner. Soucek for Westham and Phillips for England cover his arse which is why he looks good striding forward. He gets plenty of cover, which he won’t if he play’s Hendo’s position for us

Surely, enough is enough! There has to be some recourse for the club?

The recourse should have happened two years ago. Naby is a fine player who has been fucked by injuries. He should have been told that if he wanted a career at a top club, his relationship with his national team had to change. Bit late for him now.

1 Like

I feel like Klopp and FSG might have actually bought Bissouma without the court case thing - Tottenham did not care but it seems that we did.

It should, but surely this will be the straw that breaks the camels back

Quite right too.

I am sure if he signs for us, Declan will Rice to the occasion

1 Like

i get Thomas is a bit left of centre sometimes

but

i doubt Klopp would resign over the club negotiating a payout for the Ox.

i assume (wait to be corrected) that a negotiated payout would be legal, and would leave the Ox with an oppurtunity to start a fresh with a new club immediately.

either way its semantics, i think the overriding point is that the Ox on or off the books is just taking up a spot in the squad and not providing much in return.

Klopp is loyal, thats not in doubt, but how loyal he is maybe guided by the fact that he CANT sign another player because theres not enough room in the budget for those wages…

change the budget, maybe? im not a forensic accountant so im sure ill get shot down again…but sure the club has a bit of room to manouvre on that front.

but hey, we got arthur just in the nick of time…so…alls good i suppose

We intended to sign a midfielder who would be a key member. The players we shortlisted weren’t available for some reason or other. Neither FSG nor Klopp is responsible for this.

Could we have signed a lesser player to plug the holes left by a spate of injuries but would become a backup once the key players return or we sign our preferred player next summer? We could have. We would have if we had found someone like Tsimikas, Ramsay, Elliott, Carvalho, or Minamino. A player who wouldn’t have cost a considerable amount of money but would have been a good cover & competition for the key players.

Unfortunately, and apparently, there wasn’t any available player in that category. On the other hand, should we have signed a player for a considerable amount of money who would have become nothing more than a backup? We shouldn’t have.

Sometimes pieces fall into places, sometimes shit hits the fan.

3 Likes

This thread has gone missing. Like our midfield!

I read post as saying ‘cancel his contract’.

If all parties agreed, that’s another matter. From what I understand, Ox doesn’t really want to leave.

If the club sit down with Ox and his agent, and offer him a lump sum to fuck off, and Ox says ‘I want to stay’ where do we go from there?

Is Klopp likely to tell him he isn’t playing him so he should fucking clear off?

yes. Klopps an honest man and strikes me as a guy who tells it straight.

telling Ox hes not even close to first choice and should find himself a good club that hed get more game time at isnt the same as telling him he should ‘fucking clear off’…but i reckon you knew that before you proposed the question.

regardless…whatever, not sure why im even bothering…the horse has bolted and the gates shut behind it.

2 Likes

Unless Ox is being unprofessional in his behaviour, his will remain at the club until the summer. Any other notions are way off the mark as far as I can see.

1 Like

I’m certain that this conversation has happened - Ox knows exactly where he stands and Klopp has been totally straight with him.

I think had a decent offer come in that would have given Ox a decent proportion of his Liverpool wage, he would have gone. But unsurprisingly, no offer came. And let’s be honest, if you are the owner of a football club are you going to put £10m and three years of 100k a week down on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Then he got injured. Again.

So really, the only option Liverpool had beyond this would have been to give him £7.5m and release him on a free. I’m not sure quite what is in it for either Ox or the Club in that regard.