The Central Midfield Thread

yeah its awesome aint it?

Next summer can’t come round fast enough.

We can finally cut ties with Milner Naby and Ox, wish them well in their careers and move on not having to mention them again in a current Liverpool team.

That’s also when this re-inventing in ourselves, properly starts.

2 Likes

Personally I’m hoping Milner stays on in a coaching capacity.

5 Likes

Like someone posted in his thread, James Pearce has tweeted at an oddly coincidental time, that Keïta suffered a “serious hamstring issue”.

I wonder if this is Keïta, and the club’s way of flipping 2 fingers right back at Guinea.

Didn’t Jürgen name-check him when talking about how we had an ideal mix of midfielders, especially in terms of their ages? I feel like many are convinced that he doesn’t have a role to play, when Jürgen might disagree.

I knew that was going happen.

I do wonder if getting Taff involved was a way to smoothe relations with a key international team. As if say it happened with Brazil, Taff would probably intervene.

Helps regardless

More to the point what does it gain us? We’re still paying out a player we cannot use and all it changes is that we spitefully remove his access to our experts and facilities to help manage his recovery.

A deal last summer where we encourage him to find a new home and act as a third party in the negotiations to make sure he is made financially whole was an option if we were committed to not using him this year, but that ship has sailed.

1 Like

Provided he doesn’t gets injured running again!

The complete lack of reliable and talented midfielders between 21 and 28 is worrying. We only have one now: Fabinho.

Hopefully we arrange a behind the doors friendly or two during this period of reset… sorry mourning…

I’d be training on shape, pressing triggers and passing movements with the following;

Alisson

Trent - Matip - Van Dijk - Tsimikas

Arthur - Fabinho - Thiago

Salah - Nunez - Diaz

Elliot needs a little bit of time out of the team to watch how to defend, as for all his brilliance with the ball our right side is falling down every time on transition defensively.

Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Fabinho all very lucky there isn’t anyone to step in and take their spot tbh. All need a bollocking and being told to shape up.

U21s vs the first team, winner gets the starting spots?

Hang on; half the forum seems to think our players are knackered. The last thing the players need is more games; they should be Instagramming in Dubai or something.

1 Like

I don’t know if there is sarcasm in your post, but I am completely stunned by the suggestions of paying out a player’s contract and then asking him to leave the club. You are effectively paying in full and removing any possible benefit you can get from him playing during the remaining time of his contract. In Ox’s case, those chances are pretty slim. But 10% chance is better than 0%.

The only reason to pay a player’s contract out is if he’s a bit of a wanker and is destroying the team. Eg Ronnie.

5 Likes

It will be more of mental recovery and tactical work.

It depends whether you think the forum are saying physical exhaustion or not. I think they are looking mentally exhausted and really aren’t in the right headspace for this season at all. Similar to me waking up some Monday mornings and really not being bothered. Sometimes (hopefully oftentimes!) you will be working on something that you really want to work on and so having the energy and drive will be there, but other times you’ll just procrastinate.

I don’t know how this happened, but that appears to be the reality

We play in the CL on Tuesday night (4 nights from now) - where is there time to arrange a friendly. This time will be used to adjust the tactics to try and compensate for the mental fatigue going round. Can’t change the mental fatigue without getting some hard fought results.

3 Likes

So a case of the Fuckits? :astonished:

Exhausted or exhausting? :smirk:

And risk more injuries, I don’t think so. No contact training, in fact no training at all and just teach the players tactics, using Subbuteo !

Just want to say something here and not just because of this thread or in other player threads.

It’s really OK to call it as it is. It’s a fact that players like Keita and Ox have been constantly injured and have hardly make any contributions meaningfully to our cause on the field. These are facts but this is where it should have stopped.

Them being called a waste of space or useless are not. It’s disrespectful. If Ox or Keita had done things that disrespected this club, I have no hesitation to call them the worst of names like I had for some superstar players in the past. But so far I don’t see any evidence that these two especially had done anything to that magnitude.

Yes we spent almost 90mil on them. Yes they are taking a salary without playing much. Yes they are constantly injured. Facts. But if you have a family member who is sick, draining the family resources for medical care, not able to contribute financially to the family or in any way, would you call them a waste of space or useless?

When we are winning, we are family. We praised the club and Klopp’s way of handling and respecting the players and for making our club a people’s club and yet because we are on a bad run, suddenly players are useless?

19 Likes