The Copa America thread

Too many weak sides. Two groups of four with top 2 advancing to semi finals, ala euros up to 92 would make more interesting games.

1 Like

Okay, I am supporting Jamaicaā€‹:jamaica: to win the tournament, my tribute to Shepherds Bush and Notting Hill.:fist::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably 5 decent enough teams.

Orlando gets 2 games - Canada vs Chile and Panama vs Bolivia

Miami though offers the potential to see Argentina vs Peru and Uruguay vs Panama so that might be worth it if the tickets arenā€™t too stupid

Argentina, Venezuela, and Uruguay has qualified for the quarter-finals.

What a stupid Red Card to pick up by Timothy Weah - totally unnecessary and has now left USA likely to be going out in the group stage

Weah is the son of George Weah, the former President of Liberia, who was previously also a professional soccer player, having won the Ballon dā€™Or in 1995.

Oh wow.

Tough match tomorrow between Chile and Canada, draw puts Canada through.

He was probably getting high fives from the playersā€¦a sacrifice for the greater good

Colombia into the quarterfinal :clap:, Diaz scored :partying_face:.

Sorry, Iā€™m not understanding how getting knocked out of your home tournement in the group stage can be a good thing?

The greater good is getting rid of Berhalter.

1 Like

Ah, ok.

1 Like

1 Like

Mention of George Weah always reminds me of this guy. Not one of Soueyā€™s best signings

Ali Dia - Wikipedia.

2 Likes

:argentina: vs :ecuador:

:venezuela: vs :canada:

:colombia: vs :panama:

:uruguay: vs :brazil:

Omg! Darwin is the thick of it too trying to calm people here.
:see_no_evil::grimacing:

https://x.com/FavianRenkel/status/1811242771006791976?t=gtRsIGicU1lBB1bSa6bPqw&s=09

This video is abit clearer

https://x.com/UruguayFootENG/status/1811225678471434567?t=UVueQk58FtN9fxlIG_RrdA&s=09

Darwinā€¦ trying to calmā€¦

1 Like

Okay, hecus trying to protect the families of the players. He is abit feisty.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe thereā€™s not a branch on this already.

Canadaā€™s doing well against Argentina. Iā€™d rather watch Canada than England!