The Copa America thread

FS1 commentators seem utterly convinced there’s a CONMEBOL conspiracy against the U.S.

This referee is completely out of his league. About to lose any control of this game he may have had.

That aborted yellow card was hysterical, but credit Darwin for being quick thinking enough to restart

Might be right. What’s gone on there?

VAR jumping in to make a complete mess of this game.

Maybe the reasoning was the ‘offside’ players were not blocking the goalkeeper’s view. It does seem rather harsh though.

That’s it for the USA. They would’ve gone out even if Uruguay’s goal had been disallowed.

1 Like

Looks like it was just a bad angle getting everybody worked up. The commentator insisted the line wasn’t straight, though.

Well this is getting good with both Colombia and Brazil fighting for top spot to avoid Uruguay in the quarters. I wonder if the Colombians will just look for the draw.

1 Like

Apologies to Colombia. They mean business.

1 Like

Knock out game versus Venezuela, who I presume are the favourites versus Canada. A win probably sets up a rematch versus Argentina, which is probably as far as it goes. But overall a solid start to Marsch’s regime.

2 Likes

Darwin vs Alisson, we win in both cases as one of them will come home earlier.

2 Likes

So no extra time in the quarters and semis.

Straight to pens.

Never realised that was the case with Copa.

At first I thought that’s stupid and favours maybe a negative play from the long shots.

But the more I think about it why not.

Macca with a good flick to Manure’s Martinez to score…

Argentina in the semis :clap:

Canada in the semis :clap:

2 Likes

We’re going to win it all!

1 Like

Love that our northern neighbors made the semis, even if it is to be Argentina’s sacrificial lamb. Tournament has been set up from the go to pave Messi’s way to the finals.

Also, nice that Marsch gets to give US Soccer the hypothetical, big middle finger.:fu:

4 Likes