The Corona Pandemic

That’s strange. Now it’s easier for people from 20,000 cases UK to enter 500 cases Germany than the other way round. Doesn’t make any sense at all.

4 Likes

… and a country that is confidently predicting over 50,000 cases in a months time.
I’m sure I haven’t understood something. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This has even gotten stranger for me.

Its one thing to not know how this virus will go but one thing to have experts at your disposal, to predict that cases will rise to 50K later in July and still insist on reopening ahead of that spike. If you have predicted a peak later in July, would not it make sense to people that the messaging would be to wait for the peak to be over and on a declining trend before we reopen? Maybe what he is trying to say that things will be worse before it gets better but the way this message is being delivered tells me that the government is saying “screw it, lets just reopen, we had enough of this nonsense, we already vaccinated alot, que sera sera, what will be, will be. All the best everyone.”

This is what I mean by reckless abandon and this message from the PM smacks of recklessness. The whole world does not hope the worst will happen but this message from the PM is just sending out wrong signals and do not inspire any ounce of confidence that they are in any form of control.

2 Likes

2nd jab at 8.40 today. I’ll still be wearing mask if I have to go on public transport. The virus hasn’t gone.
Also, agree with how can they open up everything but say but there will be 50,000 cases a week.
Their argument is, I guess, that the death rate is lower so they are no longer bothered if you catch it.
It is like they are bored with it now so fuck it open up.
They all wanted us to clap the NHS and again have thrown them under a bus as hospital admissions are already on the rise without us being fully open.
Madness.

1 Like

Fuck. Of course the mRNA nanoparticles were going to know what I was posting on the Internet. Within minutes of posting this I started to ache (so about 12 hours after I had the second jab).

I’ve spent the night shivering, nauseous, dry mouth, clammy, achy, occasional blurry vision… Not really bad and no doubt not as bad as coronavirus but still not pleasant. Hope it goes today as I start a new job tomorrow.

2 Likes

But it is typical of this PM. He wants the job title and the prestige but doesn’t want to do the work and take the responsibility.

2 Likes

Am booked for 2nd jab on Sat. Only reaction I had to the first jab was feeling fatigued the next day, and slight pain in the arm - although it was nowhere near as bad as I expected, so fingers crossed I don’t get hit this time around

1 Like

That’s how it was for me first time around as well…

Shit… all the best mate.

With my wife, we’ll get our second Moderna jab next saturday evening, so we are already bracing ourselves for the same kind of shit.

1 Like

Bit rude about your wife :joy:

Bet you hoped you had corrected it before anyone saw :wink:

Cheers for the best wishes. Shoveled down some paracetamol and already starting to feel a bit brighter. Make sure you’ve got some handy.

1 Like

Yup, we’ll take some proactively. It seems to work quite well.

1 Like

Personally, I will continue to wear a mask in supermarkets, on public transport and other enclosed places and I don’t feel comfortable enough yet, to stand at a crowded bar in a pub. So, for the foreseeable future, I’ll carry on with the current guidelines, including social distancing.

9 Likes

best of luck mate

3 Likes

2nd jab? completed it mate.

Same here mate. But my wife and I are getting FFP3 masks now, as there are plenty of people not interested in protecting others out there, and although I’m not too worried about catching covid, I’d rather not have it at all. I know a few folk that have had it and been wiped out for 3-4 weeks.

3 Likes

I see Oxford Uni are now doing trials on Ivermectin - after months of it being discussed and dismissed for the production of new vaccines (£££££££).

Now the cynic in me wonders whether, if Ivermectin is safe and works, would any pharmaceutical company want to make that known - it’s a medicine out there without patent…

Personally have zero problems with continuing to wear a mask in public transport and e.g. for shopping.
Still will open my pub on the planned date in August though.
And the missus and I have already been going out now, we’re double jabbed. No one is forced to go to a pub/club or a concert atm, it’s their choice. No idea if that all makes me a hypocrite or an asshole. Probably.

2 Likes

Again for me in Singapore, I am more comfortable with the messaging that the government is preparing us for. The message is that expect a difference in everyday life between the vaccinated and non-vaccinated. It might cause some inconvenience to travelling and entrance to different places within the country like malls etc. We are also getting ready for Covid to be Endemic by slowly getting rid of the current reporting stats. In a while more, we are getting ready to stop reporting daily numbers but focusing on the clinical conditions of those infected and ensuring rigid tests at borders. However, even with the relaxation coming eventually, the government will still ensure that hygiene factors like face masks would still stay in place. So I think this is a more controlled reopening rather than a heck-it-all.

No, that doesn’t.

1 Like

Good luck with your new venture of the pub! Not at all, we all want to return to life normal but at the same time, protecting yourself and loved ones within your own control is the right thing to do.

1 Like