The Cricket Thread

Stupid from Stokes. Has totally squandered a decent position.

Nah , his arm is legit. Despite his particular run-up…

Forget his run up and straight arm at release , the rest of his action is pretty much fair enough…

Problem with chucking is more to do with the offies… And people need to appreciate bumrah for the control and his bowling acumen despite only playing less than 40 tests.

1 Like

Love watching him. Seems like a decent bloke too.

1 Like

I really only like the Indian fast bowlers as characters (including Siraj)

Really dislike Kohli. Great player. Nasty bloke

2 Likes

Kohli is found out now , limited player and can’t wait till he fucks off from the Indian team(and shit bloke)

That said , he’s brought forward the Indian pace attack and attacking batsmen through quality pacers

1 Like

And I’ve had to suffer through miserable excuses of bowlers like Venkatesh Prasad etc… So i am right now totally enjoying an Indian fast bowling unit being (in my book) the best in the world presently

2 Likes

Cummins, Hazelwood and Starc are pretty tasty too.

2 Likes

Brutal Bairstow at it again. Immense.

3 Likes

I remember reading this joke about the MRF Pace Academy that Prasad sued them because he entered a fast medium bowler and came out a spinner :rofl::rofl:

Yes!! Thundercats reference :heart::heart:

2 Likes

As someone said India got 150 runs more than they should have. Effectively the difference between a comfortable win for them and a nail biter.

3 Likes

This game is over as a contest. All the England players can do is put up a fight and strengthen their claims with good personal performances. Meanwhile pray for rain.
The major areas of concern remain the openers, the spinner(s), and the lack of real pace in the attack.
Lees and Crawley are on a knife edge. Are there any alternative candidates knocking on the door?
Leach will probably keep his place after taking a few wickets against NZ, but he can’t be the long term answer.
Will Archer or Wood ever be seen again? Are there any quicks coming through?
As for India, well played. They’re a balanced team at a different level of maturity and sophistication than England. The fact that they can leave out top class players like Ashwin shows their strength in depth. I hope Stokes and co watch and learn.

Not denying that , Cummins especially… But overall , I’ll still say the Indian Pace attack shades them , plus the strength in depth that India have

India got quite a lot of batsmen ruled out due to Covid and injuries etc… Their best two batsmen in the series included.

Cummins = Bumrah

Hazelwood = Shami

Starc = Siraj

Really not much in it.

Fine margins , but if you look further down you’ll have Ishant Sharma , Shardul & Bhuvaneshwar Kumar there… India shades it on the strength of reserves. Also Umesh.

Forget their averages (especially Ishant) pre Kohli as captain , Ishant’s stats since then have been very very good

It’s hilarious how Kohli doesn’t walk even when he’s obviously out.

1 Like

Really not sure why he was talking to the umpire… was he asking for a no ball I wonder?