The Cricket Thread

This where England need a top class spinner.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I have eaten the pie, have I not

:pleading_face:

1 Like

You have to take your hat off to WI. Amazing achievement if they make it.

1 Like

Ok, if not a top class spinner, a very lucky one

1 Like

This is all wrong :wink: Since 1992 the correct answer is,

Trescothick
Cook
Trott
Root
Pietersen
Stokes
Flintoff
Russell
Swann
Broad
Anderson

Russell by far the best glove man England’s had in 40 years.

1 Like

Was mad as a hatter as I remember. Did you ever see him play?

1 Like

Yes, many times, completely bonkers. One of my all-time cricketing heroes. Great artist as well.

3 Likes

Even the WICB website doesn’t have photo of this guy.

2 Likes

Phenomenal! Sorry for Bangladesh, but sometimes you just have to take your hat off to the opposition.

1 Like

I’m not sorry, even a bit. Not taking anything away from WI and Mayers, but we have been awful today. As if we expected them to roll over.

2 Likes

I’m not over confident that India won’t be able to chase a big score with their batting lineup.

Ok, England playing for the draw :thinking:

What’s the point of sending Archer and Leach in to bat with a 400 lead?

It’s beyond annoying. No idea what Root is thinking

Wow! Just woke up to see the score.

Kohli gone!!!

Amazing performance by England

Great effort from England to win that. Although India winning (by making a world record run chase) never looked likely, a draw was very possible and smart bowling killed that off pretty quick.

Looking forward to the second test!

1 Like

Magnificent performance by England, well done Joe. As to why we let Archer and Anderson bat, all about keeping India in the field for as long as possible further sapping their energy and enthusiasm. The most important muscle used for cricket is between the ears, that’s its beauty.

1 Like

What Cook said about the ball and the field and so on made a lot of sense but then Twitter knows best.

Totally got why England went for 420 maybe they could have hit it quicker but then they wouldn’t have got it.