The Cricket Thread

Ausie looking to stop runs not take wickets.

On the first day.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Been summoned to work so the idea of Pimms in the deckchair is out :rage:

Barely an inconvenience.

How did he not give that out initially :rofl: . Decent innings from Crawley, one of the few good deliveries in this innings so far.

Jesus fuckedy fuck what are these two umpires doing??!! Pair of absolute cunts! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

God fucking damn it Cummins, please do not waste a review or you’ll lose the match knowing these two umps.

The Aussies take the morning session.
I don’t care what anyone says, Crawley isn’t the answer. He rides his luck, but there’s a reason his average is so low.

We’ll see if this is a Davey Warner style flash-in-the-pan to buy some time or whether he can build on it. I thought it was a positive innings.

1 Like

Wasn’t far off.

320-5 at stumps? Yes please.

Liverpool fan criticising the ref :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep it up Travis…

When is Cam Green going to get a bowl? Surprised he hasn’t yet.

First maiden of the innings, boooo.

How’s your luck, what a crazy dismissal. :no_mouth:

Loose shot, not sure why he reviewed that. Surely knew he hit it.

Ugh in deep shite already :triumph:

Our attack against these convicts on this pitch? Get the hosepipes on overnight and ask the US military to rig the weather.

#worried

He’ll be playing every match without doubt, so I think he will be used sparingly.

In hindsight, Cummins’ decision to change fields reactively at the start of the innings to not let the England batsmen get a roll on , in the first match of an important series, in front of a rowdy crowd, may have been a good one. We blinked first, but if we win the war, who gives a fuck?

1 Like

Will be interesting to see how Cummins manages his own workload given as captain you’d expect him to play all five tests, maybe unless Australia take an unassailable lead at any point.

I’m surprised looking at their squad that Starc seems to be the only fast bowler in reserve unless I’m missing a name somewhere. The workload on Boland and Hazlewood just back from injury will be substantial.

was there for day 2 great ground

Aussies still ahead. Root needs a century and Bairstow a big score for England to even reach par.

Oh Johnny, the hundred was there for you.

Come on Moeen, prove us all wrong.

Classic Mo innings that.

Think we’re all square so far.

1 Like

At 350-8 I think it’s slightly in favour of Australia. These better not leave Joseph high and dry.

400 would have been a good score, I agree this looks too short.