The Cricket Thread

That’s fine and all but that guy in the gif is kind of annoying.

Oh No Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

From an Aussie perspective, and @Bekloppt trying to put the moz on us, hell no! I don’t accept this.
Oh No Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1:10 - 1:30 start.

Glad they’ve put that out instead of going out for 5 mins and then going for lunch :joy:

It’s okay, let the poor dears think they have the advantage

mr burns GIF

ABC saying it like it is, and the entirety of Australia agrees. The fucking smug face of Davey ‘Freeloader’ Warner. Such a punch-able face.

Praying that the rain passes and the clouds instantly open to full sunshine. And not the 2 hours of overcast conditions as predicted.

England in the summer and people predict 5-0’s and 4-1’s

Stupid :person_shrugging:t2:

“It will define this Ashes series.”

“There will be fingers pointed to whoever loses.”

“I think whoever wins this Test will win the Ashes.”

-Vaughan

I think there is a reasonable chance that Australia lose today. But I think there is a stronger chance that we win the series regardless. The reason is I think there has to be some bowler rotation with the compressed series, and I think, obviously I believe we have a stronger batting and bowling (and wicky :wink:) lineup, but I think our reserves are also better.

On top of that, I don’t see us being so unlucky that for every match in this series you guys bat in glorious sunshine and we come out to bat into overcast conditions. There will be some reverse there.

I’m ok for Australia to take the L today but win the war of attrition.

2:15 start.

Jimmy currently lighting candles in-front of his cloud god idol.

Sure Sky just said Australia haven’t successfully chased 250+ since 2011. Great chance to do it on this pitch.

Praying for some swing for the two old timers.

1 Like

Teams chasing last often don’t chase their target. Its not rocket science. Teams batting first will try to stretch out their total to be unreachable For example:

England have successfully chased a target 5 times across their entire history. Australia have done it 9 times.

England have achieved 2W 1D and 17L in their last 20 run chases.

Australia has achieved 1W 2D and 17L in their last 20 chases.

No point trying to cling onto these stupid stats. Australia aren’t going to win or lose based on history.

All the English commentators are going crazy with these stats this morning. “highest run chases in the Ashes” Not across Australia’s recent test history, but across Ashes, as if it makes a difference. Next thing they’ll show stats of our successful run chases when Alex Carey is wearing zinc cream vs when he isn’t.

Apparently 1.2m people streamed TMS yesterday, a BBC record. Ashes fever is here :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ll remember Lyon missing a simple run-out when Stokes was being Superman? That was Ashes pressure, yes, it makes a massive difference. He wouldn’t have missed it at home against Pakistan.

The wall is being deployed.

I read an article the other day showing how the viewers of the Ashes in 2005, the last year it was FTA, was astronomical. Since then, viewing numbers are not even a tenth.

Seeing good radio figures just shows that there is interest to follow the Ashes. But moving it to a paid subscription has been a terrible move in terms of helping test cricket. I hope England do something about that and try to bring it back to FTA like it is in Aus next time the TV rights expire.

Carey would have stopped that ! :rofl:

One brings 2 :slight_smile: