The Cricket Thread

Australia reading our batting manual?

The aussies will be much more lethal with the short stuff then. Broad’s not that quick anymore.

I don’t mind bouncers being used. I know Phil Hughes’s death was a tragedy but it’s got to be remembered that he had a well scouted short ball problem and the changes in the helmet safety post Hughes’s death would have ensured hopefully that those incidents don’t repeat.

It’s expected that Australia bowl bouncers both home and away. Mostly at home considering the favourable conditions for effort balls there. I’d like to know who the commentators who were complaining about short balls were. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was someone like Healy.

Khawaja?? Short ball is his bread and butter. He would love short stuff.

Short ball for the cut. Yes

I’ve of the best currently playing at the pull shot as well.

He likes it short. I haven’t been able to watch this morning but if he struggled with the sort stuff, every one of the 21 others would have as well.

Great catch by Root before lunch. Now England’s most prolific catcher in test matches.

Wood for Anderson for the next test is a certainty if he’s fit. If Pope can’t play because of his shoulder then that might help England to balance the side a bit better. No point pretending like Stokes is an all rounder with his dodgy knee, bat him at 3.

Is Wood fit…thought he had a bad arm

Good catch Duckett…hard one to take…

Watch out Stokes…shortball watchers will be shouting

Getting bounced out by Robinson is just as ridiculous as what went on yesterday

Bugger bugger bugger…NB…try again

Is that Lyon coming out with a runner?

Oh no runners allowed…so how is he going to the crease???strange!!!

I can see us winning this.

Lyon using his bat as a walking stick to get out there

Send down a bouncer first ball, no mercy.

Starc should just be swinging at everything then in this scenario

Anybody have an idea about a stream please?

Now now​:shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

How does he get off the pitch…