The Cricket Thread

Meanwhile, West Indies have just been thrashed by Scotland.

I got so much shit for criticising Danny Sturridge. So many experts talking about injuries and types of muscles and long term after affects. Well here we have somebody who plays like me, fuck it, the team needs me. Have a drink on me lad, massive respect.

He’s refusing to bowl though. He just doesn’t want it enough.

1 Like

The law states in control of ball and body. I can see how Starc wasn’t in control of the latter but absolutely the former.

The real problem I have with it is that I could pick out 100 catches that were considered out but where the player wasnt in control of the body, yet they pick out this one.

I don’t really see what the controversy was about, he wasn’t in control of his body when the ball was touching the ground.

Faux outrage.

2 Likes

Could bowl off one pace, coward.

Did the ball hit the ground in his hands?

Yes. Done.

https://twitter.com/skycricket/status/1675437683827515392?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

The man himself explains the decision.

First ball of the day I missed and Duckett is out, I blame myself. Carey behind the stumps again proving why you should always pick your best wicketkeeper.

Umpires should be being way stricter on these non wide calls.

Absolutely. Boycott’s mantra, always play the best wicket keeper. Allied to Viv’s line, if you need more than 5 batsmen, you need better batsmen.

The outrage should be thrown at the professional cricketer that chose to control his body by using the ball as a brake against the groind, rather than rolling onto his shoulder and keeping the ball off the ground.

Monumental fuck up by Bairstow. Absolute moron.

1 Like

If there’s ever an advert for why test cricket isn’t popular, this is it.

1 Like

And now outrage can be thrown at Bairstow for walking out his crease. What a tit.

Game over now.

Watch the last few balls to Bairstow…he’s walked down the crease…and Carey has been watching…opportunist stumping…this is NOT CRICKET…

1 Like

Shitty way to win Aussies. Hope you are proud of yourselves.

You would have won it fairly.

2 Likes

Oh yeah its underhand and not in the spirit of the game…but its the norm for Australian cricket.

But Bairstow should also know better. Ive been watching cricket for a long time and know the Aussies will try anything to advantage themselves.

1 Like

Now Broad having a go at Cummins for more unspirited play from the Aussies.

Don’t think that incident is really that controversial at all to be honest, it’s braindead play from Bairstow.

I’m all for it stirring up a bit of angst between the sides though. All been a bit too pally for my liking. Shame the battle lines have been drawn when England are going to be 2-0 down mind.

2 Likes

Broad on the wind up. Love it.

1 Like