The Cricket Thread

Stokes is unbelievable when in this mood

1 Like

Starcs catching still shit then. Surpised he didnt pick it up and claim a catch

Go on stokes! 100 up

1 Like

Just went for a run, in the shower on the campsite now. Listening to TMS. Stokes hits a 4. Voice from the cubicle next to me (ausie) BASTARD!

Classic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep…he should’ve stayed in the crease till the umpire says it’s dead…but Broady is making sure they know who is at the crease…

Stokes playing 5 n 1 with Broad…as he did with Leach…

Make it to lunch with 4 in hand and its possible England can do this. Australia won last week with their tail seeing it out.

There are the laws of the game, and there is the spirit of the game.

The Australian team has never understood the latter, and that is why they have always been so unlikeable.

They’ll knock over Broad, or Stokes will hole out as he nearly did, and beat England by 100 odd. I wouldn’t enjoy winning like that, but they, no doubt, will.

1 Like

Now that’s just fucking bollocks.

Mancs of cricket.

1 Like

I get the frustration, personally I just don’t think this incident is that much of an affront to the “spirit of cricket”.

Maybe I’m wrong though, even the old timers in the long room aren’t having it :rofl: .

2 Likes

Seriously? I still haven’t seen the incident, but it sounds unsportsmanlike, but laying unsportsmanlike behaviour only at Australia’s door is frankly ridiculous. There have been more known ball tampering incidents by English players. You guys are absolutely obsessed with trying to get a day shortened due to bad light when batting ( notice the Aussies didn’t do that in our second innings when I was struggling to see batsmen faces under the shadow of their helmet).

Call bad sportsmanlike behaviour all you want. But I’ll also laugh my head off at the English thinking they are above that.

3 Likes

I nearly said that yesterday…every decision…they shout and crowd the umpire and then laugh in players faces…just like shitty n mancs…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/skycricket/status/1675472369048010753?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

The incident for your viewing.

1 Like

Did England withdraw their appeal when Olly Pope did the same thing?

Aussies always seem to want to draw the “line in the sand” when it comes to sportsmanship and acceptable behaviour on the field.

1 Like

It wasn’t the same thing. The batsman had not returned to his crease, Bairstow had.

Carey the keeper had been watching Bairstow…but what followed with Broad and Cummins, Labauchagne and Smith…wound Stokes up…yes Bairstow had a lapse in concentration…but it, again, was the afters that caused the bad feeling…

and the point is ?

Mankading is a fair dismissal. Especially when the batsman’s looking to gain an unfair advantage

1 Like

You talked about drawing a line in the sand and it applying to the Aussies. Should we open up the conversation to India?