The Cricket Thread

Yeah, pass the popcorn.

Only one team I’d want to be watching and that’s England. Never thought I’d say that. Aussies might have snatched that 2-0 lead but they’ve been more prey than predator in this particular series. They’ve let themselves down, I think, and allowed England to set the terms of the contest.

2 Likes

Bloody hell Benjamin, cruising along and he gifts them a wicket. Great chance for another big score on a good pitch wasted.

1 Like

Not had an issue with it, did have for a time yesterday, though I am using the App through apple tv

And as is often the case, one brings two. Need one of these two to go big now.

I used reverse hex psychology on him to make him up his game.
Obviously, reading my criticism on here has galvanised him.
You’re welcome.

This combo is working well…no names don’t want to jinx em

1 Like

Unfortunately, they are the last real batsmen. Wood, Woakes and Broad might muster 50 between them, but I reckon England need 400 lead. Still a long way to go.

Root getting frustrated with his lack of scoring since the break. Don’t you dare throw it away…

I think Woakes can get you some runs or at least not be silly enough to get out easily.

Turned and kept low that one. Something for Root to work with there when it comes to bowling again.

:see_no_evil: No comment

Should have got 400 but still could be a winning score but there is a hell of a lot of time in the game.

1 Like

Pricks and their delaying tactics rightfully getting an earful

I was thinking 375 should be ok for England and they’ve just passed that.

1 Like

Weather going to take some of the evening session tomorrow and some of the morning session Monday. Though this is not going to need 6 sessions. Anti-Clutch opening the batting will probably result in one down early, so the Australian batsmen need to knuckle down and prove why they are champions.

I wasn’t so disappointed at the slow rate in our first innings: the weather almost required it. But there will be no excuses this innings. Weather looks fine until the rain in the evening on the 4th day. And the slower we go, the more likely we are going to face the overcast conditions that come later. Make hay while the sun shines. Perhaps play the game on our terms for once.

1 Like

Yup but it seems captains seem oblivious to these things and London seems ever changing at the moment

Sorry I pressed send before finishing. I don’t know if you want to retract your like :joy:

1 Like

Nah I agree with what your saying.

I’d say it’s advantage England anyhow but hopefully we get enough play for a result one way or the other.

Final day is the most iffy, should be enough for two sessions tomorrow if not a bit after tea.

I felt he could go for another year or so but bowing out while he is still decent.

1 Like