The Cricket Thread

Good review Stokesy all in the spirit of cricket.

For fucks sake

This! If we selected in merit we wouldn’t have selected Moin, Bairstow, and probably drop Jimmy

Ben needs to be brought down a notch. This hero captain shite has gone to his head

1 Like

It’s not just Warner though.

Smith is 34, Kawaja is 36, Marsh is 31, Neser is 33, Carey is 31, Cummins is 30, Boland is 34, Starc is 33, Hazlewood is 32 and Lyon is 35.

That is a lot of players all on the wrong side of 30 and will need replacing sooner rather than later, and the list of those coming through don’t really look to be overly exciting

Raining. If we can play till 9 we might get a result. Clearing up 4 ish. Hopefully playing at 4:30. 2-2 by 5pm then :slight_smile:

Just saw the Stokes replay. Absolutely not out, wasn’t in control of the ball.

I agree about it not being out, but in my opinion he did control the ball, but wasn’t in control of his body.

If you watch his landing, his right leg is still in the air when he knocks the ball out of his hand

He controlled it but not for long enough for the ball to be considered controlled IMHO.

BBC:
The scenes at The Oval are not good.

The simplest way I can put it is that it’s absolutely hammering it down.

And it looks like we’re now clear and will have play :slight_smile:
Unlike Wigan yesterday at 4pm…

Woakes could get the next 5 wickets here and we’d still only be hearing about the impact Mark Wood has had on the series.

1 Like

What is happening?! :star_struck:

Genuine fast bowlers are the rockstars of cricket. The flamboyant frontman of the band.

1 Like

Still no fourth innings test century for Steve Smith. Fraud.

Ali’s done really well in these last two tests, fair play to him.

1 Like

Cook: “Stokes took a while to throw the ball up this time, he ran about nine yards before he threw it up.”

Broady switched the bails and immediately took a wicket again!!

Come on broady, fairytale time.

Thanks Aus, honours even. Nice one Broady.

1 Like

And he has delivered! Legend!!!

1 Like