The Cricket Thread

The slog and giggle period starts again with the IPL. I hate that circus.

2 Likes

Really can’t get into it.

1 Like

And the fact that my city team is crap has a lot to do with it as well

It will be another predictable tournament I think, CSK or GT to win. MI and RR probably top four candidates.

Two pretty entertaining, close games today. Don’t think any of those four teams will pose much of a threat though, some players who are capable of winning games by themselves but not enough overall quality to win a tournament.

Are Sri Lanka brewing a good new crop or are Bangladesh really poor?

Both teams seem to be on the same level.

SL appear a bit ahead on a number of fronts but I guess time will tell.

It would be nice to see SL have another top class team. That team of Jayasuriya, Ranatunga, Attapatu, Muralithatan, etc, revolutionised the game.

2 Likes

Some how preferred the Sangakkara/Tillakaratne/Vaas/Muralitharan version of the team.

Arivinda de Silva was a great batman also and was the precursor/prototype to the batting style of the ones you mention…

1 Like

Two really good games again today. Mohit Sharma for GT might be the biggest unsung hero of the past couple of years in the IPL, his record in the death overs is unbelievably good.

Jayawardene also as well.

The fall off from that Sanga era to now has been huge.

1 Like

Can’t really compare both the teams on the basis of them playing each other alone.

Both the teams go to pieces when playing against stronger opposition.

Record IPL score for Sunrisers. 277-3, ridiculous really.

1 Like

Liking just cause it’s my homecity. Ridiculous score though. The only bowler who didn’t get spanked (relatively speaking was Bumrah

Another bit of foolishness from CSA

Should get a mention in the inequality thread as well.

Go on Jos, a 6 to win it and to get his 100. A timely return to form.

A bit of fun.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/68671942

I got 22/27, but cricket is only my fifth favourite sport.

I got 20/27. Didn’t get quite a lot of the old ones who would be your contemporaries.

2 Likes