The Cricket Thread

WG Grace?

1 Like

He’s being a complete dick!

22 for me, burgled one of them by just typing random names.

RIP Derek Underwood, the best English spinner of all time.

3 Likes

Laker?

Saw Underwood a few times when I was a kid. Great bowler and comedy batsman.

2 Likes

The IPL will get very boring very quickly if it continues to weight absolutely everything in favour of the batters. Some absolutely ridiculous scores being achieved, and just now Sunil Narine has got himself a hundred. It most normal scenarios he would be a pinch hitter or somebody finishing off an innings at number 8.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a joke. Scores of over 250 as well.

1 Like

Not many that can accelerate through an innings like Buttler can in T20. Wasn’t looking too great early in his innings then hits an unbeaten century to win the game from nowhere.

Buttler now has 7 IPL 100s, only Virat has more.

They might as well be facing a bowling machine in this game, no challenge for the batsmen.

What game? There’s a game? What? Who? Where?

The IPL, Sunrisers hit another 260+ score on a pitch with tiny boundaries and absolutely nothing on offer for the bowlers. A 50 off 16 balls, a 50 off 15 balls, not really much entertainment at this point if there’s no balance between bat and ball.

Isn’t that the whole point of the IPL? :thinking:

More runs equals more entertainment; just like more goals means better football.

It’s called appealing to the lowest common denominator.

1 Like

Managed to see that match. While a lot of what you’ve said is true. I think the Delhi bowlers bowled pretty badly in the first 6 overs and the match was lost then. Irrespective of the state of the pitch , you don’t want to concede 120 runs in the first 6 overs. There was nothing in it for the bowlers but there was a lot of bad bowling too. No attempt to take the pace off the ball , no switching to the other side of the wickets. The bowlers shouldn’t be bowling machines.

The sunriser bowlers (apart from one or two of the part time bowlers getting tonked did bowl a lot better)

Another record in the IPL today, Mohit Sharma 0/73 from his four overs. The most expensive bowling figures in IPL history.

Another damning indictment of the IPL pitches after Bairstow gets a century today.

Was long as one of the stands is called the Bairstow Stand I’m all in.

https://x.com/espncricinfo/status/1788975168930344975?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

2 Likes

Love Jimmy, but everything ends sometime.

2 Likes

Yup I think it’s time.

Whether you give him a goodbye test or not is up to them.

2 Likes