The Cricket Thread

We would expect no less :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations to Australia for being the greatest tossers :wink:

1 Like

Its a huge factor In limited overs cricket though.

I know NZ were the sentimental favourites but……cmon Aussies you fucking beauty….big gamers once again.

Gotta say Williamson is an absolute credit to the game and his country.

2 Likes

Yeah you’d have to say NZ must be most people second team. Modest winners and gracious losers. Which is much more than can be said about almost every other team.

1 Like

Whilst I find it hard to dismiss any of the players picked, I find it hard to say only 1 Kiwi makes the team of the tournement. Williamson and Conway being left out I feel is harsh as well as Southee

I think it’s pretty fair tbh. I would have Moeen over Wiese personally.

He’s fucked.

Rifiq now giving evidence. Can be viewed live on the BBC

Can we call Vaughan a cunt now ?

Don’t want to see Ballance punished too severely for this. Not that what he said is acceptable in any way, but racism clearly is an institutional problem and a problem with society by and large (across countries).

Cancelling individual persons etc only leads to more resentment.

Rafiq apparently requested that Ballance had adequate support available to him before naming him publicly. So that to me suggests from his point of view that revenge isn’t really motivating him at all, it’s about education and making a positive change.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying, but ultimately people do need to be held accountable for their actions. This wasn’t the 1950s. Regardless of culture and the institutional nature of the problem, people should know that the behaviour detailed by Rafiq was far beyond acceptable.

Mrs K had a go at my beloved game earlier “Thought you cricketers were better that this, it hasn’t happened in football”

“No, because immigrants from India and Pakistan don’t play football (in the main)”

No excuse whatsoever, just an explanation as to why this has hit cricket. Racism is endemic in this country. Better than it was but not cured. Certainly not in my local where they STILL make monkey noises at black footballers. Cunts.

Sorry, I’m genuinely confused. Your Missus says it doesn’t happen in football and then you reference monkey chants.

:thinking:

She sees the broadcast media, not my local.

She’s a sunflower if that makes sense.

Why don’t you find a different pub? Any business that supports that type of behaviour would lose my custom.

2 Likes

I have 2 pubs in walking distance that show football. I don’t go in either anymore. Stopped going years ago for the same reason. Went recently (new management, new people) same scum customers.