The Cricket Thread

And this wasn’t a breach of the CA code of conduct?

Of course the dick pic is a question mark, it’s not real smart……I was just querying the unbelievable coincidence that this comes out years later on the eve of the series.

Who would you speculate is the source of the leak?

I don’t get this. Why is his treatment appalling?

Surely the question should be why was he appointed captain in the first place if the cricketing authorities knew that this had gone on?

Tbh even as a Tasmanian myself, I think its fair he lost the captaincy. I’m probably living in fairy land given that in general cricketers the world over are pretty poor human beings, but an Australian cricket captain is a role model to many young kids. Being married with a 6 month old child at the time and sending those sorts of messages to another woman is pretty shit IMO.

We aren’t talking about removing him from the team (I wish), because otherwise characters like Nathan Lyon wouldn’t be playing the Aussie team for the same reason. We are talking about someone showing a lack of respect including to his own family being removed as a leader.

1 Like

BBC drops Vaughan

5 Likes

Hopefully he’s not a part of the BT Sport team either. Can’t stand the weird prick.

3 Likes

Apparently still involved with Fox Sports Australia

I’d be surprised if that lasts.

It will no doubt be a topic of discussion during the summer and having been named as having said things in the past puts foxsports in a bad spot as it could be seen as impartial having him there

1 Like

What is the dirt on the great Gary Lyon you suggest?

I recall he might have started banging his current hot missus whilst with someone else. If so that’s human. Don’t think there was sexting

I do not believe that there is a single human being on this planet who finds Nathan Lyon attractive.

True the Missus finds the bank account attractive instead.

So now Painey has put the cue in the rack.

Can’t blame him really given the unloading he has received and the media pile on and farce that would entail if selected. Another reason I said he should have not been selected.

Imagine how poor old Ole must feel. Tough world for well paid sportspeople in the spotlight if they make a mistake or perform badly. Despite the coin in the pocket….

As usual the “mental health” comment comes out now. Watch the sentiment change.

Wonder if the usual suspects will give him the same grief as the likes of Trott and Stokes have received in the past.

Probably a sensible decision on his part, at his age you’d think that spells the end of his test career. Wonder if he’ll continue on domestically given it was only a few years ago he considered packing it all in for good.

Cummins confirmed as captain with Smith as the VC. Probably the only way they really could have gone with that.

I’ve been reading between the lines of the articles and it seems more like he’s stepped aside for his wife, which is understandable. Family is far more important than a game of cricket. And if this is the first time she’s heard about this I can’t imagine things are going too well between them.

I’m happy with that. Happy to see smithy take a leadership role again.

I’m happy with Cummins Smith. Labo may have been a smokey for VC but maybe he’s no leader despite being the batting star.

The Smith appointment is smart as he will “accidently” be parachuted back to the captaincy when the fast bowler suffers the usual breakdown.

Now that the media successfully hung Painey its now Smithys turn again.

1 Like

This comes across as self-serving bollocks from the weird bastard.

4 Likes

Ahhh the textbook “I’m sorry if you were offended” apology, wouldn’t have expected anything else.

1 Like