The Cricket Thread

But that’s the reply that was given about Jewish comments that were made…(Not condoning rasicism, but ‘glass houses’).

1 Like

My Mum said the first racism she encountered was Aussie cricketers calling the English ‘whingeing Poms’.

Sigh :roll_eyes:

I saw a tweet from 2010 in which Vaughan suggests no one speaks English in London anymore which probably says he probably doesn’t see it as a problem.

He is inevitable. :grimacing:

Sounds like the first test is going to be heavily disrupted by rain.

Makes a change from English wickets disrupting the game at the Gabbatoir.

Told you at least one will be ruined by rain :wink:

The clear out continues at Yorkshire. 16 people have left, including the entire coaching team!

No surprise to see Moxon and Gale leave. Those two, together with Arthur, seemed to be the biggest obstacles to reform and likely the main reasons why Yorkshire CCC dismissed the findings of the independent report as simply banter.

3 Likes

At least you lot are now likely to be spared the humiliation of a 5-0 whitewash

1 Like

Hooray! Another great moment for English cricket :+1:t4:

1 Like
4 Likes

Wow.

Against India as well.

3 Likes

Then bowled out for 62! :joy: :rofl:

Honestly this is classic 2021 India. Brief periods in a match where they’ll just absolutely murder you.

2 Likes

Some optimistic pundits here thinking we’ll win two tests…

1 Like

I’m going 3-0 Aussies, I think the weather will scupper one or two.

Me too but I think we’ll sneak one so I’m going 2-1 to Australia.

1 Like

I thin 3-1.

1st test looks like rain is going to play a big part, so can see a draw. Adelaide is a Day/Night test with the pink ball which will favour the English bowlers. But Aus should be too strong overall, although with Perth losing the 5th test due to quarantine procedures for WA, will be interesting to see who gets that test

Broad and Anderson open the bowling. Commentator:
“You need pace in Australia and on flat tracks, these two are showing their ages”

1 Like

Can’t see anything but a draw with that weather forecast for Brisbane

Anderson apparently injured for the first test, Woakes will replace him. Maybe not a huge concern considering it seems likely not much play will be possible, but England will be praying he’s fit for the pink ball match.