The Cricket Thread

Loving the 1.5 average.

Oh Marnus! What are you doing?!:rofl::joy:

Wow that over was tasty from Stokes and Marnus looks like a panicked baby deer which is unusual.

1 Like

Respectfully…he’s vaxxed negative and really a casual contact not close. Play on in life and cricket now. And the COVID positive guy sounded real crook…not. Farcical decision. One thing we can maybe agree on is that this is a real good cricket battle right now.

1 Like

Only David Warner could have his slowest innings ever and still get a run every two balls for his 50.

Correction, they just announced its his third slowest 50. Almost certainly the slowest innings to get off the mark.

No battle at all, because the England cricketers are so out of form and practice the Aussies can bat them out of the game on the first two days, after winning the toss this morning.

Just imagine the fielding team, the team thats usually the one doing the sledging, having to put up with Labuschagne congratulating himself after leaving a ball and trying in general to have a conversation with everyone around the wickets. It’s the ultimate unintentional troll.

That’s really the least of England’s problems.

Meanwhile the Labour party leadership are planning what outrageous communist policies to pursue aided by their imminent windfall.

1 Like

Are you in the wrong thread or am I?

The commentators have talked a lot about Marnus’s play and misses, and England’s missed chances. But somehow Marnus has done this across his career where he has survived when you wouldn’t expect it. Is he the luckiest cricketer ever? Or has he perfected the play and miss?

They’ve bowled about two balls at his stumps of the 150 odd he’s faced so I don’t think they can bemoan him playing and missing.

Pretty tame effort that session, England fading and the pitch playing like a road. Pretty dull viewing.

Not boring for me. Warner is about to be taken off the tether.

1 Like

When England lose Klopptimist has vowed to shift a large sum from one of his offshore accounts into the coffers of Britain’s far left Labour party.
Australia are playing for the overthrow of capitalism in the UK.

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of this.

Anyone feel awkward watching Alastair Cook provide special commentary? What he says makes sense but delivers it terribly. Thank God for Prior. Relaxed and easy to listen to.

Pat can move to airbnb to self isolate. Thought I’d take the time to help an Aussie out:

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/49840282?adults=1&location=South%20Australia&check_in=2021-12-16&check_out=2021-12-23&source_impression_id=p3_1639647470_5zGZ5cTDotE%2FQn2n

Got cows, land, pool, could even mow a bumpy pitch. Perfect.

You can tell he’s just not a very comfortable talker. The big cheese on the other hand always liked the sound of his own voice.

1 Like

England are bowling their overs so slowly, are they even going to get to use the new ball today? Root must be in danger of getting a ban as well by now.

So they have 45 minutes to bowl 20 overs right? They aren’t even going to get to use the new ball in the supposed favourably conditions. What a joke.

1 Like

£10 buys a lot of Marxist hats :wink:

We’ll get a few overs with a new nut then. Based on what we’ve seen so far today would surprise me if it does anything.