The Cricket Thread

Meanwhile Labour party treasurers are rubbing their hands with glee.

Wonder what made buttler and woakes finally realize that they can block for the best part of a session ?

Too little too late and England lost too many wickets. Had they be only 4 down , they’d still would have had a chance of drawing this one

Australia due for a new ball in 10 overs or so. That would mean that the night session be potentially easier with an oldish ball.

Still too many wickets lost for England for australia to be particularly concerned that draw is a possibility

More resistance shown today than I had thought possible by those two, but with that wicket I suspect they will now fold like a pack of cards.

Really, just what is the point in continuing with this series. I can’t watch it anymore.

1 Like

@Bekloppt As agreed. Need to wash my hands in chlorox now….

1 Like

Fair play to you. I won’t be so cruel as to ask you to double down on it :wink:

It’s a bet I’d like to have lost, but always knew I’d win.

This series can’t end soon enough.

2 Likes

Shame the way his innings ended but that was an incredibly gutsy performance from Buttler. Considering what had happened earlier in the match with him dropping catches and getting no runs it took a lot of character for him to battle for as long as he did. Shame Stokes couldn’t have hung around for longer.

1 Like

Bumble is hanging up the microphone.

He seems like a genial chap but his comment about how Asians shouldn’t be allowed in the clubhouse was fucking awful. I think he’s gone before he can be sacked.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think you’re probably right there. May be presented under the guise of a continual changing of the old guard but the reasoning is likely what you are suggesting.

Wasnt his comment that they ruin team spirit by not showing up at the clubhouse afterwards rather than suggesting that they shouldn’t be allowed to? Still racist, but in a lower division that the A plus US style segregationist attitude.

2 Likes

I was going from memory but yes, I may have misinterpreted it. The quote I’ve since read on the BBC was

Well, a clubhouse is the lifeblood of a club, and Asian players don’t go in there.’

I guess that could be interpreted either way.

1 Like

My thoughts are that it won’t make any difference.

3-0

Right, £10 again? Root might have just applied a sufficient kick. No worries if not.

No Broad but Jimmy, tricky

1 Like

He was captain when I started watching test cricket.
A wily fox and irascible character, we could do with someone like that now.

You really are a glutton for punishment!