The Cricket Thread

An innings defeat seems to be out of the equation now though

But then its England.

1 Like

What a shame PC didn’t request the extra half hour.

Could have had the series wrapped up and in the bag

It’s not even funny anymore

With all due respect, the results are a reflection of where the squad is at. England have 2 bowlers in the world’s top 20, and both of them are about 40 and can barely get through a session of cricket without breaking down let alone a series.

Then the batting lineup is Root with Stokes next at about 26th best.

I’ve heard it said ‘England making an average Australian team look great’ but the statistics speak for themselves in terms of Australia having a large percentage of bowlers and batsmen being the best in the world. Root is the only player that would make it into this Australian team. Maybe just Stokes if i’m generous given Green’s current batting form.

No question this England team needs to be ripped to the bare bones and refreshed, bowlers and all. But I’m not a fan of that rebuilding on the back of an away Ashes series. If Australia decided to rebuild the team because we got thrashed in England I’d be angry.

You guys will play the majority of matches at home. Analyse and rebuild during the next home series, and hopefully get some stability back before the next tour of Aus. Just don’t make knee-jerk reactions due to thrashings at the hands of a much better team.

Nah, we want full on meltdowns and kneejerk reactions and anyone that can even hold a bat or ball in contention for an England spot :rofl:

Root and Stokes go uber, put 200 on, tail wags and we set Aus 160 to win. Easy.

An innings and about 12 runs.

Have a little faith.

For absolutely zero reason :wink:

I feel it’s the structure of the game, Covid hasn’t helped but you saw it coming over the last couple of series with England, there is one or two excellent players then a few who hit and miss and then just average ones.

If Leach is the best spinner then you might as well not bother. Even on spin pitches he isn’t someone you think oh he might do it here…

1 Like

Just do this for 4 hours please Joe.

Just let Rooty get his 100 and break the record for runs in a calendar year, we’ll let you have your 5-0 in return…

Statistically in the county game he was for a few years, but they’ve just repeated the same mistakes they made with Moeen previously. Messed him about by dragging him all around the world and not playing him, and then basically telling him every time he does play that they don’t trust him by either barely using him or setting him incredibly defensive fields. They’ve given him no chance to settle into the side or develop his game at all really. The same thing will happen when they eventually decide to give Parkinson a crack.

2 Likes

The audio watching BT is really annoying. Not synced at all. Surprised he gave that one out then.

Root for 300?

I do feel you have a point however he has never to me gone beyond his statistics though probably for the reasons you mention.

Saying all that it’s more batting than bowling.

Poor Joseph, got a good ball there. Fighting a lone battle again bless him.

4-5 from 3 overs, making this bloke look like a prime McGrath tbh.

5-5 and the 1000th duck of the year for England.

Sorry. Fuck off……

This is just utterly pathetic

Insulting to the pathetic.