The Cricket Thread

Sorry lads utter bliss

2 Likes

6/5, you can only laugh really.

2 Likes

Don’t apologise, you win easily.

Fuck’s sake.

1 Like

If I were Jimmy A or Wood, I’d be tearing into the bats.

Oh dear.

Well this will be an Ashes to forget for England.

The most annoying thing about this for me is that I’m working a night shift tomorrow. Had hoped they might have stuck it out a bit longer to help me get my sleep pattern right, bastards.

1 Like

No. Must be one to remember as sweeping it under the carpet is no good for English cricket,

It’s been such a resounding defeat there’s no way they can sweep this under the rug. Will have to be huge changes in both the management and playing staff, as well as yet another huge revamp of English cricket at pretty much every level.

Personally I blame the Labour party, even when you subsidise them they still don’t assist the most important national sporting side.

2 Likes

I’d rip it all out starting with Silverwood who was a shit pro to start with.

1 Like

Don’t forget Ashley Giles who for whatever reason thought it would be sensible to give Silverwood absolute control over selection as well.

2 Likes

So much for that meeting they had…

1 Like

It’s been said many times, but there really needs to be a root and branch overhaul of the game in England. The county system and the old school tie fogey network has to go. Hopefully the Yorkshire scandal will start the ball rolling. There needs to be a forward thinking, inclusive approach that energises the untapped talent pool in the country. It will be a decade(s) long project, but the alternative is a slide into apathy and irrelevance for any form of the game other than 20/20.
I’ve seen some lows, but this is an absolute nadir. Aussie fans will enjoy the moment, but do you really want the Ashes to become a boring one -sided snorefest?

I’m sorry Klopptimist, we may differ on many things, but I know we share the pain today.

England need to find four top order batsmen from somewhere. The only two I’d keep from this line up/squad are Root and Stokes, with an eye on Pope for the future.

Fuck knows who they are, but find them and fly them out tonight. Literally no point persisting with the rest of them now.

Oh I don’t think it’s one to be swept under the carpet. The ECB need to have a long hard look at the set up. Clearly something needs to be changed.

But for fans, yeah that’s one for the bin. Ashes 2021…what was that?

Silverwood talking absolute shite again. Providing no answers and taking no responsibility.

1 Like

That won’t fix matters. The likes of Anderson/Broad will simply crush through the opposition at home and make themselves undroppable for the series to follow.

As good as how Jimmy and Broad (Jimmy mainly) have been , England continuing to persist with those two (Mainly Broad) is what has led them to this mire.

1 Like

Dig deeper into the aussie side and you have warner (who’s a flat track bully) , smith (class act) and labuschagne (who despite his ranking never looks comfortable on the crease). With the right bowling attack , that batting lineup could be kept under trouble ( as what jimmy did in the first innings).

This isnt the aussie team led by waugh and ponting. Their batting isn’t nearly as good and as good as the current attack is , they aren’t as good as that either) They arent unbeatable at home (the last series vs India proves that)

Its about england lacking grit and intent to keep at it and rough it out (not shying away from taking a few hits as well if need be)

They came into the ashes with a defeatist attitude. There was only one result this ashes if they came in with that attititude.

This has been the case for almost every spinner that England have produced of late (Swann and Panesar to an extent being the exceptions).

1 Like

You go on to mention Waugh who was the epitome of not looking comfortable at the crease. Cricketing history is littered with these players who look like they don’t belong with bat in hand but somehow get a ton of runs, Steve Smith included. I think you’re doing the Aussies a disservice. Compared to the current state of this South African team and South African teams of the past, Australia has done well to keep some sort of connection to being a good team if not as great as what came before.

1 Like