The Cricket Thread

Hope the Womens series is a bit more competitive

Why didn’t they detain this shower at Aussie immigration instead?

1 Like

Doesnt matter what australia score if the english battimg be this dire…

1 Like

At first it was disappointing, then it was sad, then it was embarrassing and now I don’t give a fuck.

Nah. This australian team minus Paine was about the same team which lost to India in Australia and there was the same post mortems , analysis etc etc done.

The point is that England went into the mindset that they didn’t have a chance this series. There is only going to be one result possible. There’s only so much that can be attributed to declining cricket standards , lack of impetus to cricket in county level… There’s a team which has been picked and it is upto them to show some heart and try their best.

The australian board gets criticism hosting the BBL at the expense of sheffield shield as well… Especially during boxing day test.

Got up early as saw a great attacking partnership developing. Second fucking ball……

7 to avoid the follow-on.

Wood making it look easy :slight_smile:

Cheers :thinking:

My interest in cricket mirrors the demise of English cricket.
As a little one in Australia I loved the game, played it twice, three times a week in formal sense with school or whatever over the Summer and gorged myself on the TV coverage. Even played Classic Catches in the swimming pool. When it was raining I played in the hallway with a miniature bat and a ball of wool wrapped in tape. We played on dirt tracks, tennis courts, proper pitches, concrete strips, used bins as stumps, full balls, the cores of balls, tennis balls, softballs, even lemons on a couple of occasions. Anything and anywhere basically.

Moved back to the UK and the dearth of TV coverage along with how crap it was in comparison combined with a lack of playing opportunity saw my interest wane and has continued to do so to the point where I can’t name many in the current England or Australian squad.

Shamefully I didn’t even know the Ashes was on. By the sounds of things it didn’t really matter either.

4 Likes

:anguished:

What the hell is this switcheroo?

2 Likes

Hell no. Proud little Welsh lad stealing all of Australia’s sporting resources while I lived there for 10-11 years.

Still sulked when England beat Wales in rugby, and laughed so hard when England lost at anything.

1 Like

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

Believe me. I’ve eaten Vegemite and survived.

1 Like

We openly welcome the Welsh, Sots and Irish - they’re all good lads :rofl:

1 Like

red kangaroo eating GIF

Maybe that was part of the problem. Coming back to the UK after 10+ years of Anglo bashing, how could I support and England side? Far easier to continue the onslaught.

Utterly horrified to find out that Welsh players would play under the same banner.

#FreeWales We demand independence now!

That is, if that is what you guys actually want :rofl:

I’m English, sorry about that.

2 Likes

Happy for Leach here :slight_smile: At work at 2:53 watching cricket and fixing laptops, 9-5 :rofl: