The Cricket Thread

Ooof. That’s a runout brought about by being scared of facing. Stupid attempt at a single.

1 Like

Get your hair cut Rory lad. You’ll be a much better cricketer.

Hobart should always be an Ashes venue. Maybe try Darwin or Alice Springs next time too.

1 Like

Didn’t it used to be, because they were six match series? Or am I dreaming that?

Not that I recall. It’s always been the big 5 I think.
Perth is probably a very nice place, but test matches there are very boring.

1 Like

Anyways…

It’s the hope that must be really difficult to deal with…

Ben Stokes is a genius.

At times.

The big 5 have a monopoly on the best matches. And all those to matches mean they also have much more money to invest in the stadium which pages them further ahead.

Sure I’m biased, but I love nothing more than a Hobart test match. Shots of Wellington and the single story brick houses of Hobart. Mmmm.

An observation. Are there any Aussie supporters not wearing a mask at this test match? Are there any poms wearing one?

Death, taxes, and England collapses.

1 Like

Oh dear…oh dear…dare I watch anymore…2 to go…

1 Like

They’ve gone…

1 Like

Not while I was in Oz. 5 tests- Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

I’ve always found Canberra to be odd as a capital city. Not much seems to go on there from a sporting sense. Rugby maybe?

At least they’re reliable.

1 Like

His test average of 36 isn’t great though. Now very much on a par with Bairstow & Buttler

Seems to have lost his way in test cricket…

1 Like

Was oh so tempted when we were 40-0 to go with 13:1 odds. So glad I didn’t.

Root and branch overhaul needed. Every pun intended. Although who you replace him with I don’t know. Fuck that, give it to Wood, one of the few players who’s really put his heart and soul into it. I’d put him in to open and pinch hit but then I always do that, really pisses the opposition off when it works.

Rugby League, the Canberra Raiders, and the GWS Giants play a few games there every year in the AFL.

1 Like

Showing my age. No such thing back then. Oz rules was in 2 separate camps in South Australia and Victoria. Made for an entertaining State of Origin type game between the two though. Canberra wasn’t even on the map!

Thank God that’s over.

The whole of English cricket needs an overhaul, not just the coaching staff.

Won’t happen, of course, too many vested interests. So we’re doomed to watch the last death throes of English test cricket. It’s beyond painful.

1 Like

What would happen to the short forms in the UK if the English Test team ended up being like the Windies, that is, rubbish for decades??

I honestly have no idea…just wondering if the powers that be are prepared to pay that price…