The Cricket Thread

Ouch!

The worst part is the Bowlers stats for the 2nd innings

Whilst I don’t think he’s been that great as a captain, I struggle to see any decent alternative other than Stokes who I think already has enough on his plate, so the extra pressure of captaning the team is not the right move

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a tricky one.

Love the guy, but he hasn’t been a good captain, but who else is there?

It’s not just that Stokes is “busy”, he also doesn’t play every test nor go on every tour for various reasons. Broad and Anderson would only be temp captains, can’t see past Bairstow to be honest and he’s not a long term appointment.

When I captained, there was no question that there were better cricket brains in the team, I just agreed to do the organising. I know many cricketers who are brilliant and can assess the situation and recommend strategies in an instant. I’m sure Stokes is in that mould but doesn’t strike me as the politician required to be captain. Neither was I but I really didn’t mind reading the riot act when required.

1 Like

TMS live at The Lowry tonight, excellent :slight_smile:

Stokes now captain, will it improve / destroy his participation? Not many other candidates TBH.

Personally I think he has enough on his plate already, last thing he needs is the extra responsibility of being captain. Bu then you look at the rest of the squad and there seems to be no other option (maybe Anderson, but how many more series will he play?)

He was the only real choice. I think it’s likely the best option for now, whilst the ECB sort out the mess they have on their hands.

train trainwreck GIF

1 Like

Well they are bottom of the test League so it can’t be any worse.

1 Like

So are you planning to change your name to the Kiwi ‘B’ team as well? :rofl:

I wish we were that good.

This is a real kicker. Went to school with Roy but a few years below him but knew him in passing as his g/f was good friends with my older brother and he was always good with the younger kids

3 Likes

uhm GIF

1 Like

Late night :wink:

Understandable

Haven’t thought about cricket at all while we’re on this run.

Vaguely remember a take away and a lot of red smoke.

He’s never going to fulfil his potential with all these injuries.