The European Union

In line with the recent(ish) change in shade of the french team’s home kit

Are France leaving the EU now too? Because you’re only allowed to do that when you leave the EU.

Do what? Change the colour of your flag?

Not sure how in line with the ideals of the French revolution Farage is.

It was more of a reference to harking back to the ‘glory’ days, as both would see it.

Adam West Batman GIF

1 Like

Batman 1966 GIF

You’ll be glad to know that there is an extensive library of Batman Gifs available.

1 Like

Yeah, the Real Batman!

Adam West Dancing GIF

Holy sidetracks! This thread got seriously off topic

2 Likes

2050 is closer than 1990.

You’re welcome :+1:

Facts like this really fucking piss me off :joy:

3 Likes

Just embrace becoming an old git.

It’s great.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m probably stupid, but I don’t get the joke…

Resisting with every fibre but my back is currently saying “no”.

Meh. That was self-inflicted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

you’re right. Tried some squats, belly got in the way and my back went twang like an poorly tuned B string on a guitar.

But to bring the thread back onto topic they were sovereign squats, in my UK made slippers (I think)

1 Like

It’s not joke - just a pisser!

Thanks for clearing that up. :kissing_heart:

https://www.thejournal.ie/graham-dwyer-eu-case-5604395-Nov2021/?amp=1

This has the potential to impact on criminal cases around Europe, and member states will be hamstrung by a binding decision.
In this instance the case against a convicted murderer will be severely reduced because of legislation from outside of the state.

It is further external interference that makes me wonder how and when a trade agreement gathered such control.

1 Like

Ok, firstly, you can put away the ‘trade agreement’ line. The EU has clearly been much more than that since Maastricht at the latest. It’s not helpful.
Secondly “The admissibility of this evidence will not be decided by the CJEU but by Ireland’s Supreme Court.”
Thirdly, this is a much more complex matter than just one case. It is about finding a balance between the needs of law enforcement and the civil liberties of citizens not to have their phone records in the hands of police. It’s a delicate matter. Would you be happy for the police to be able to access your metadata?
Such stories are seldom as cut and dried as they appear at first glance.

3 Likes