The European Union

Hope so. Or people that usually don’t vote getting off their arses to vote them in. Or both.

2 Likes

Looking good so far

2 Likes

The initial projections says the Leftists are the biggest block.

2 Likes

Ha ha ha Le Pen

6 Likes

Vive la France

4 Likes

Fuck the fascists.

6 Likes

Good news of course, but the Left and Macaroon won’t be an easy alliance.

2 Likes

Sure, it was always going to be tough for Macron with difficult options, but this is sooo much better than expected.

5 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

Melenchon is already talking like he should be the next PM. The real fun and games is probably only just getting started.

3 Likes

I thought he said that the PM shouldn’t be from the Macron camp since they lost.

The France 24 presenters are really assholes. They are nitpicking the Left Front when they have just been the bulwark against a fascist surge.

3 Likes

By which he meant ; It should be me !

1 Like

The results were a most welcome suprise. Good to see that people got off their asses to stop the fascists, even in the eleventh hour.

Hopefully, they take note across the Atlantic.

5 Likes

Political paralysis >>>>>>>>>> being run by racist loons.

2 Likes

True, but it’s often a step on the way. Left and moderates squabble, there’s chaos and instability, the far right offer order and security, an exhausted electorate take the easy option.
It’s a pattern we’ve seen before. I’m not confident that Melenchon is the guy you want when compromise is needed.

3 Likes

France surrenders again.

1 Like

Makes no sense as usual.

The last time France surrendered it was to the fascists. This time they have rejected them. It’s the complete opposite situation. I’m sure you agree that defeating fascism is a good thing, don’t you?

6 Likes

Cant remember who said it now but it was along the lines of the neoliberal populists offer attractive simple solutions to massively complex problems that invariably fail.

EDIT It was Neil Kinnock!

On fire today. Biden, hold my beer.

3 Likes