The Great TANdabidozi Pub Quiz

Which has been the only FIFA World Cup host not to make it out of the group stage?

1 Like

South Africa?

2 Likes

That was too quick.
Off you go them

2 Likes

As @Kopstar kindly stood my question, I’ll jump back in as he’s sleeping off the gin :wink:

What was the world’s first permanent steel tracked roller coaster?

2 Likes

Magic Mountain?

(Something Mountain…)

1 Like

Oh…FIFA World Cup

For a minute there I thought you were talking about England getting knocked out at the group stage of their own World Cup by the Wallabies, the first time a sole host nation failed to progress, iirc.

Sorry. My mistake.

4 Likes

You’re on the right lines but the word mountain is not in the ride’s title.

2 Likes

This is almost a Mandela Effect example, but in my head I remember the Wales game being later in the series of fixtures. It felt like the loser was out so I remember it as being the last round of fixtures rather than right at the beginning.

2 Likes

How many PL teams has Fat Sam managed??

1 Like

Going with 7 (SEVEN)?

2 Likes

:grimacing:

Missed it by that much…

?

Gotta let someone else swoop in and get the tap in after all your hard work…

1 Like

Well after the Arsene Wenger near miss I figure I deserve this one. The Fat One has now gorged from the largesse of no less than eight club chairmen (and women).

2 Likes

BINGO!!!

You’re up kanckers.

2 Likes

We will stay on the West Brom bandwagon for now I suppose. The Baggies famously boinged boinged their way stay up on the last day of the 2004/05 to becoming the first club to stay up after being bottom on Christmas Day (in Sky’s reality of course, no idea if it was done before they invented football) amid a post match pitch invasion and scenes of utter jubilation from the resident Bagging Boing Boingers in attendance.

No doubt Fat Sam enjoys a pot noodle and a wank in contemplating such an eventuality in his career but who was actually the West Brom manager at the time?

I want to say Bryan Robson?

1 Like

So say it :grimacing: On your head be it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You are right though. Football knowledge is second to none on this place.

1 Like

Bryan Robson. I feel like your bitch right now.

2 Likes

Off you go then.

2 Likes