The Great TANdabidozi Pub Quiz

No, it was more of a design feature to help with what a castle was used for primarily .

A drawbridge

Nope , it was a defensive design in case the castle was attacked , something that would help the soldiers inside ( it’s really humble thing , nothing fancy and actually doesn’t cause destruction to anyone , just a feature to help those inside mainly)

In a 4 turret castle, 3 have a spiral staircase wound to assist a right handed defender and one is wound to favour a left handed defender. Think swinging a sword and the propensity of left handers.

Do I get a photograph of a £5 note?

Thanks to the guide in Conwy castle about 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Lmao I fucking had a sneaky feeling it would be you :joy::joy::joy:.

Didn’t know about four sided turret castles…but apparently every castle in England does have spiral staircases that wind upwards clockwise .

Well done :joy:

2 Likes

Right then, let’s go all Buck Rodgers. What’s the tallest mountain (that we know about) in the solar system.

Conwy has an anti-clockwise turret for the lefties. Now there’s a political insult that’s just reared its head. “You’re just an anti-clockwise staired tower defender aren’t you?”

Can’t wait to use that one. Where’s @Mascot when you need him?

It’s not Olympus on Mars that I do know :joy:

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion it’ll be some underwater mountain on Earth?

Problem is I have no clue as to any of their names

Oh dear. I think the judges need to get involved here; what to do when a guy gives the right answer but says it’s the wrong one. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As far as I know, it’s Olympus Mons on Mars……

And it is. Over to you @odin_telamon

1 Like

I think the judges need to make a call , because we had a quiz in work and the answer was triple checked after much debate…the tallest mountain apparently is on a comet or something

Edit just checked, without naming the mountain…but the asteroid is called vesta and has a mountain on there that is taller than Olympus

A scary thought when you consider the volcano’s colossal size. Olympus Mons is the largest planetary mountain in the solar system, but there’s a mountain on the asteroid, Vesta, that is the largest mountain around. Called Rheasilvia, the mountain is a mere 315 feet higher than Olympus Mons

1 Like

Staying on theme what is the tallest mountain on earth from base to top :grimacing:

I refer your honour to my previous answer but add that I think it is in one of the pacific archipelagoe

1 Like

Give it 12 hours and if no answer is provided you win :joy:

Are there mountains in the marianna trench?

Teide, Tenerife?

Thunder Mountain? Space Mountain? Splash Mountain?

What do you mean those are Mickey Mouse answers….

No it’s not in the marianna trench nor Tenerife