The Great TANdabidozi Pub Quiz

The mountain that is called life…

I’ll spoil it as I get to say that we watched the sunrise from its sister summit once. A 5 year old Jnr was MOST displeased! Mona Kea on Hawaii.

So, which building in London had to have special window shades fitted to stop giving passers-by burns on sunny days. I kid you not.

1 Like

I don’t know the name, but it’s definitely that weird looking one across from the Shard.

Source: I’ve been to London exactly one time and it immediately popped into my head lol

If you post a picture of it, you get the win. Or a better description?

Found the name when Googling. “Walkie Talkie Building”! I don’t know how to explain it. I saw it during my visit in the spring and as soon as I read the question I was like “that thing definitely melts cars”.

1 Like

I reckon we give it to @Prolix

@Prolix Has the floor:

1 Like

Which of the two main varietals of coffee constitutes around 40% of consumption?

Is Arabica a varietal or a higher level category? If so, I’d say that. If not then Typica.

Robusta and Arabica are the two main varietals. guessing the latter is the most popular

Look at all you stuffy coffee-snobs with your fancy pants arabicas and your robustas. :wink:

Here I was thinking it was Blend 42 :rofl:

sis-in-law managed a coffee shop for some time. I miss getting free, good coffee.

I was thinking Nescafé or red mountain :eyes:

1 Like

Blend 42 is the original Nescafe instant coffee :rofl:

By process of elimination you’re correct with Robusta. :slightly_smiling_face:

two part question:

in the first pre-season game of the 2019/2020 title-winning season, which local club was our opponent and who scored our first goal?

No idea, but that year we came to the US and so it was probably one of those lower profile local games prior to flying out

I had the team (there’s really only one it could reasonably be), but would never in a million years guess the scorer.

yeah I kinda figured the hint was a giveaway but not the player. nobody would guess it.

Tranmere for the team.

Goalscorer my guess would be someone either from the Youth setup or someone that ended up going out on loan as they weren’t good enough for the squad. Maybe Awoniyi?