The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Wrong

I do a bit, yes.
But as long as he’s good at his job I can live with it.

1 Like

Feyenoord gave an official goodbye. In the gap Slot confirmed he will be the new LFC man.

A couple of things. One, ideally an LFC suit makes the official announcement. Even if it is with a straight bat, as Jurgen is still in post, LFC could have said we look forward to officially welcoming Arne Slot at the press conference on such and such a day next week. … then a fitting segue to Klopp, focus on the last game, he has our gratitude, big day at Anfield… etc.

Two, hopefully Slot spoke with the club’s blessing. The Dutch are known for being straight shooters, but it is a little off that the incoming man announces it while the outgoing man is still in post.

Not a big deal, but it could have been choreographed better.

2 Likes

I’m sure that both parties agreed on this. They both have to say their goodbyes on Sunday.

2 Likes

Someone said his dick enters the room two minutes before he does. Looks like he enters the room two days before he’s supposed to.

1 Like

I’m sure the club allowed him to announce.

Never heard that one before. It’s quite the description!

https://x.com/Feyenoord/status/1792085010456989770

7 Likes

If they are sad about his departure and hold no hard feelings for his decision to leave, then it’s a good start.

12 Likes

I am patiently waiting for the “official” announcement to accept all the plaudits for bringing his name to you back in January.

7 Likes

Indeed you did. On your head, pal!

8 Likes

Interestingly Romano seems to be going with a claim that we only switched to him after Amorim’s club doubled the asking price for their manager, having agreed everything for that move to happen.

Romano can fuck off. Total chancer.

7 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Yeah Romano may get the odd tid bit but he’s usually just repeating whatever the consensus is or making up things for clicks and attention.

Imply Liverpool are too skint to get their primary target = 10k retweets and comments of a bunch of bed wetters jumping in and screaming FSG Out! Easy money.

4 Likes

Even outside the dubiousness of any claim from him, this just doesn’t seem to be the way Liverpool works over such foundational decisions. Sure, lots of times we appear to have a list of viable options for a position we’re trying to fill and are willing to move through the list to bring someone in. But several times we have shown that when the decision is important enough and one candidate is sufficiently boss we double and triple down on our attempts to get them. I cannot believe anyone would think our next manager would be a role we treat like a new LB we have multiple viable alternatives for.

7 Likes

Given that we were happy to break records for a defender and goalkeeper that we thought were perfect fits, it seems a bit of a stretch.

I’m sure that they sounded out a few targets. They are presumably going for the one that they think is best out of those available.

3 Likes

I unfollowed him on Twitter a while back precisely because of this and “here we go” stuff. I should have seen it earlier - at some point, he really looked like someone with inner knowledge and contacts but it turned out he mostly had some financial schemes going on with football agents, as well as inner knowledge of how social media works, especially in times of gullible and fickle football fans, of which I am one.

If FSG believed Amorim was the one, he would have been the new guy, I think it’s as simple as that. They know that roughly everything concerning the club’s fortunes rests on this appointment and they can’t afford to get it wrong. Slot will need every bit of support, personal competence and luck to take over from Klopp and keep the team in current state, let alone have it perform better and compete for honours against the likes of Man City and Arsenal.

5 Likes

Yeah, i assume any agreement was more a loose upfront if we commit to this, will there be any issue sort of thing rather than an upfront commitment that he was the one.

I only mentioned it because i saw other sites headline the same rumour but dont know if it came from the same source because i didnt bother reading any further.

Just wish I’d put $100 on it then. Be hosting a big party today if I had!

2 Likes