The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

We have a lot of talented players who are tactically astute and flexible. They can adapt to the requirement of the new manager, and the new manager can work out how to best deploy them.

If it is Alonso, it won’t be exactly the same as his Leverkusen side, and it won’t be exactly the same as Klopp’s Liverpool side.

To my mind all this is a given.

A new thing is going to emerge, as it must. The squad will evolve too. The good news there is the new manager will inherit a fantastic group, and it won’t need drastic surgery, but he will shape it here and there in the coming windows to what he wants.

I can’t wait to see what happens. And in the meantime, hopefully we give Klopp the best send off possible with the Premier League trophy being paraded around in front of hundreds of thousands of reds, who come out to say thank you.

2 Likes

If this happens, I’ll definitely be one of them! :+1:

2 Likes

Guests are Pearce, Ornstein and Honigstein:

1 Like

A manager who I would like to see with us, I know he will not, but when you make something respectful of Everton you must be a hell of a manager … :sunglasses:

What happens if the ideal candidate is Brendan Rodgers

It’ll be proof that data analysis is worthless.

4 Likes

Spearman gets the sack, and possibly committed into a mental hospital

1 Like

Pretty much exactly what I suggested, then. Does anyone know the degree to which Spearman is “just” a data wonk vs. Michael Edwards before his elevation to director roles? I’m curious whether this suggests another internal promotion in the pipeline.

I appreciate the passion he has for the club, but to the extent of committing violence?

1 Like

1 Like

Differnce is Xavi still won and didn’t look out of place in a very troublesome time at Barcelona. Brought back a lot of their principles (which are very deep at Barca, possibly more than any other big club in Europe), won two trophies and one major. Certainly can’t go in the same sentence as a lot of others on that picture.

9 Likes

And remember AVB was the new young thing….

WTF is he?

Worrying!
I don’t doubt that there could be some players who signed more for Klopp than Liverpool.

As Klopp said in his interview, the media will be using his imminent departure to try to unsettle us.

There is absolutely nothing to see here. Virgil is just saying he is waiting to see what happens, which is exactly what any sane person would do.

12 Likes

Well that’s not a very cynical outlook.
Fraud

Spearman will get his name in an envelope

El’WhoTheFuck, lol.

I think he’s making it quite clear that the next manager might not want him to hang around, given that he’s only got a contract until the end of next season…