The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Mourinho in 2013

“What is certain is that I will never train in Germany.

“I will not comment further. I do not care.”

1 Like

He wouldn’t go back to Chelsea at one point or manage another English club.

He’s a rentaquote.

Anyhow with Xabi he knows the club, the fans and the city. I think that instantly would help him settle better than say even Klopp. Not to mention the team is a lot better.

1 Like

I wonder how much they care about them having identified the right person, as opposed to having put in the right process to identify the right person.

Leverkusen v Bayern getting analysed on tonight’s MNF, in the context of Xabi potentially coming.

Turned the show into a Bundesliga one.

:joy:

3 Likes

Definitely good to temper our expectations, but ‘Villas Boas went to Chelsea’ is doing too much heavy lifting in that argument. He never played football, had no connection to Chelsea, is a dick, and we’re not Chelsea. I could continue

5 Likes

Here it is

https://x.com/carra23/status/1757130347966255529?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

https://x.com/carra23/status/1757129832721166406?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

https://x.com/carra23/status/1757133464732594345?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

1 Like

Ancelotti is exactly the hired gun who will go anywhere if he needs a job I was talking about. I mean he accepted a job from Everton afterwards.

2 Likes

I do think he adapts.

I’ve seen games Leverkusen have dominated and games they have had to defend and counter.

1 Like

He’s got a nice set of top clubs on his CV for a guy that goes anywhere if he needs a job. He was pretty wanted at the time when he went to Bayern. The odd Everton or Napoli to a certain extent were two different jobs, don’t see how that proves a point about Bayern.

Said this right after Klopp announced his departure.

Xabis football is much closer to Peps style than what Klopp is doing.

Think it was @Sweeting who said watching Peps football is boring. Might be boring if you’re not supporting City, Bayern or Barca. I’ll take boring if it’s successful.

1 Like

I’ll also happily take boring if its successful, but yes I find his style to be tedious and a chore to watch.

4 Likes

A top coach/manager tho. No doubt about it.

Is anyone claiming that Bayer Leverkusen are boring?

2 Likes

Agree with your post except would amend this.

3 Likes

I would have thought that. these days, Mourinho falls foul of most clubs “No dickheads” rule.

1 Like

Do Bayern Munich abide by that rule though? Recent appointments suggest not.

2 Likes

Bayern have an ‘only dickheads’ rule

4 Likes

Where’s the dickheads & non dickheads chart?

:joy:

We need to categorise them:

Sound
Sound with the occasional off-day
Bit of a liability
Head-the-ball
Dickhead.
El Hadji Diouf

3 Likes

I wonder if the continuing 115ers sportswashing/cheating project would put Alonso off the Premier League? I doubt Klopp would be as tired as he is if he’d had a level playing field to work with!

4 Likes