The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Imagine Im not a moron and I said “latter” instead, because that’s what I meant :joy:

1 Like

I agree, but surely Emery was instrumental in bringing some of these to the club in the first place? Also, I wouldn’t hold his stunt at Arsenal against him. It was always going to be difficult there, and he was sacked far too early to be able to make any telling difference. Credit to Arteta though for how he transformed things there. It took him time though, and Emery was never given that time.

Anyway, I’m no special Emery fan. I’m just wondering why Amorim’s appointment seems to be a foregone conclusion in here, and why it is met with such unanimous positivity. I feel compelled to play the devil’s advocate, as no-one else seems to have doubts about his suitability, apart from @ZinedineBiscan of course. :joy:

2 Likes

There isn’t a general bias against Emery. FSG don’t seem interested in him and thus the fans are not looking into him.

Amorim seems to be top of the list, ticks a lot of boxes and is an unknown quantity. It’s only natural that fans will be more excited about him rather than someone well-known, who is by all accounts not even in the running.

1 Like

I am as confident as can be that Edwards and Hughes know everything there is to know about any prospective managerial candidate.

If it leads to Amorim, bring it on.
If it leads to Emery, bring it on.
If it leads to someone else, bring it on.

There is a certain risk to any appointment, whether it’s a seasoned older manager, or a younger manager on the up.

I personally think it will be Amorim, but let’s see!

9 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Sorry to leave you as the last man standing Hope, but I’ve been coming around on Amorim lol.

Watching us these last few games, I’ve had the unshakeable feeling that we’ve reached the end of the road with this incarnation of Liverpool, just looking a bit tired and stale, and I’m reaching the point of welcoming new ideas and energy.

Klopp is one of the greatest Liverpool managers of all time, the greatest in my lifetime, and will never be forgotten, but it does feel like the end of an era.

9 Likes

Personally, I think this is just the result of so many changes to the squad. Klopp’s team got stronger through incremental improvement. Were he to stay, I think we would improve year on year.

2 Likes

Klopp himself has said he’s just run out of energy for the role, and it’s feeling like it rn. I feel like if he were to stay it could well end up like his final season at Dortmund.

3 Likes

What like when he had many injuries turned around the team after a disastrous start and finished in the European places with a cup final.

:wink:

2 Likes

I suggested Emery HIYH on Feb 1st and it wasn’t liked by a few. I’m not sure I like him too much myself but he’s a good manager and turned Gerrard’s team around in short order and were top at one point. I find him less charismatic, harder to understand his pressers.

As for LFC we do need to punch above our weight and Klopp’s been getting us to do just that with a very threadbare first team. What he’s managed this season is remarkable, we were on for another quadruple just a few weeks ago with that weakened side, that’s astounding to me. Sure its all collapsed now, and no wonder.

Why are we underdogs? We’re playing to the rules, we’re within FFP and so far FSR (or whatever its called) hasn’t come knocking, and that’s thanks to FSP. Yes we’ve got to be shrewd in the market (and we have been) and that’s the type of manager we need now, someone that will align with Edwards and Hughes. Emery could well fit that.

Edit: Sithbare, sorry I should have responded to HIYH’s message.

2 Likes

It’s nearly impossible for someone to be less charismatic.

1 Like

Guess who is no:1 in that article😍.

Maybe Tony Pulis.

This maybe controversial, but I did find Neil Warnock charismatic. He has that northern charm. :heart_eyes:

Edit: that list is abit out of date, but i can’t understand why Frank Lampard is on the charisma list.

Hahaha @allnortherners

1 Like

And Brendan Rodgers, he was definitely charismatic.

1 Like

Mushrooms for breakfast Maria?

3 Likes

I haven’t had any mushrooms this morning @Bekloppt :smiley:

…okay Brendan went abit ‘too full of himself’ towards the end. He was still engaging in interviews.

My top charismatic LFC managers in my life.
I would say Shankly as no 1, but, he was before my time.

1.Jürgen Klopp
2.Kenny Dalglish
3.Rafa Benetiz
4.Brendan Rodgers
5.Gerard Houllier

1 Like

Why? Oh why? :see_no_evil: :cry: :wink:

Eddie Howe has aged quite quickly

2 Likes

Only if you get double points for cheesy grins.

1 Like

No, you’re not alone in this. When Klopp made his announcement, Emery was my second choice behind Alonso. In retrospect, Alonso was really an emotive choice despite his achievement with Leverkusen. Emery is far more experienced at the top level and has a record of winning things, albeit mostly the UEFA Cup / Europa League. We can all see what an impact he has had at Villa and I wouldn’t be disappoint if the club were to offer him the job before anyone else.

2 Likes