The Inequality Thread

Tennis player should be thrown to the wolves, PA innocent until (no question he’s a puppy sat next to a pile of poo) proven guilty and Borris, I wouldn’t bet either way right now. Big 48 hours.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more often, this is rather disturbing.

Is this the definition of inequality?

So that’s what fighting in court to clear his name like then?

2 Likes

Not like he’s admitting guilt……

It basically is though. He can say it doesn’t prove anything, but at the end of the day he has given a huge wedge of cash to someone who claims he raped her, in order to stay out of court.

I detect mummy’s help with this. Abolish the monarchy. Fucking absurd, corrupt institution.

4 Likes

Johnson has a similar way out. He can be issued a fine, pay it (or get a Tory donor to pay it) without any admission of guilt or conviction. No criminal record either.

I’ll lean on our legal eagles to confirm whether that’s correct or otherwise.

2 Likes

Think you missed the sarcasm. Seemingly guilty as a puppy sat next to a pile of poo when you buy off the accuser. Very much mummy money I’d imagine.

3 Likes

It’s something to do with not sullying the jubilee. That’s the absurd world we live in.

1 Like

Apologies - definitely missed the sarcasm. I was just reading on the BBC he has settled with ‘no admission of guilt’. I don’t understand how giving someone (probably) millions of pounds to go away is anything other than an admission of guilt. :flushed:

2 Likes

Remind me what power and absolute power do?

1 Like

The sad thing here is that he no longer has to answer for possible criminal charges for this.

Andrew, besides coming across as a bit dim…
probably guessed mummy or Charles would bail him out if it was getting too close to Platinum celebrations…
If the girl puts some of the money toward helping other victims, then good for her

1 Like

Worth noting that the UK public has partly paid for this.

This, wall paper in No. 10, lining pockets of MP’s with links to dodgy PPE firms etc. Possible Russian money pouring through London The list goes on.

The UK is a cesspit

3 Likes

This. There needs to be full disclosure.

3 Likes

Fixed that one for you for accuracy.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Banning Transgender Athletes from women’s sports

I’ve created a new thread for the trans athletes discussion, as it wasn’t really on topic in here.

2 Likes

Doesn’t it meet the very definition of inequality?

2 Likes

The thread was started with the intent to discuss social inequality. This here is another kind of inequality, so I think it deserves its own thread.