The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Sky:

Monaco’s Wissam Ben Yedder has emerged as a serious contender to replace Cristiano Ronaldo should the Manchester United forward leave the club for a second time this summer.

:joy:

Gotta love this lot, f*ckin ell.

2 Likes

it feels like moyes all over again. They will end up singing one player from ajax for more than they could have done at the start of the window.

1 Like

He’s not good enough Brobbey…

UNiTeD dONt sACk tHeIr mANagERs

IN that Athletic article about about it being the summer of CBs, they described him as diminutive :rofl: Its going to be Danny Blind all over again isnt it.

2 Likes

I would think he is a decent target for them.

They need a 9, assuming the Ronaldo situation is unsalvageable/unworkable, as is Martial. They cannot solve all their issues in one window and so some moves may have to be stop gaps. Ben Yedder isnt a long term solution, but he’s good and will improve them. And he should be relatively cheap, the sort of deal you’d want to be making for a stop gap solution.

1 Like

Maybe they could Re-sign Ighalo?

Daylight Brobbery

3 Likes

I just don’t see it. I know the situation changes now from counting on Ronaldo to losing him, but to go from the type of Nunez to the type of Ben Yedder… doesn’t make sense at all. Especially with the rumours what their other moves might be. The little fella is a good finisher and that’s about it. Looks more like a futsal player to me, more suited to playing surrounded by players in the forward line, not up top on his own. Plus, he’ll be 32 next month. Their whole offensive midfield and forward line will be just a little bit too light and too similar to each other for the football they want to apparently build.

So Ten Hag is persisting with signing Ajax players. Why the hell didn’t he just stay at Ajax then???

Utd’s Pre-season tour squad looks weak as fuck, but apart from CRonaldo, don’t see anyone to come in that would make them any better

2 Likes

£ € $ £ € $ £ € $ £ € $ £ € $

2 Likes

I think Ben Yedder is a good goalscorer but spending 40M for a 32 year old guy is madness.

1 Like

Fortunately their patient, rational and supportive fans will give him as much time as he needs to bed in.

:rofl:

1 Like

4 Likes

This is great. Maguire as captain and an unhappy Ronaldo kept against his will, stinking up the dressing room, probably refusing to travel to the arse end of Europe on Thurdays.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Erik ten Hag says forward 'in our plans' - BBC Sport

6 Likes

That can only be “we spent £££££ on him, make him worth it”

2 Likes

Ten Haag is lowering the bar already! Excellent :clap:

1 Like

He’ll need a spade soon :rofl:

1 Like

Moyes mk 2. Well regarded manager who has come to United and ends up scuttling himself for another 4 to 5 years after losing the job.

2 Likes

Ronaldo will be gone. They are trying to recoup money on him so saying he is part of the plans is to keep the price up.

1 Like