The Middle East Thread

Oh even worse. But surely their intel knows of the position of the Egypt forces? Will have to Pm you.

Yes, they know very well. But they think the Sissi-regime is stable and that Egypt would never in a million light years risk Camp David. And perhaps they are right.

1 Like

https://x.com/academic_la/status/1795179053080830216

1 Like

This was fake news.

My sincere apologies (no consulate torched).

2 Likes

https://x.com/IhabHassane/status/1795264414347612641

Yes Israeli has lost all credibility on the world stage. It’s just a rogue nefarious actor now and it’s statements should be assumed false and it’s supporters assumed to be acting in bad faith.

1 Like
2 Likes

I can’t imagine how deranged Israel is. They are struggling to defeat Hamas even after seven months, but they want to take on a vastly superior force?

Hamas is as much a terrorist organization as it is a government. A terrorist organization takes strength from the idealogy and ready recruits. Israel isn’t just going to bomb Hamas into nothingness even if they do manage to kill Sinwari and the othre top leadership. There will always be people who will replace them.

1 Like

I was racking my brains trying to remember this when I mentioned that Israel had pressured the South African judge Richard Goldstone to alter his findings after Operation Cast Lead.

This says it all really ; " The diplomatic efforts were part of a coordinated effort by the governments of Netanyahu and Donald Trump in the US to place public and private pressure on the prosecutor and her staff. "

Two of the most odious and corrupt individuals ever to hold office adopting the same methods then that they are using now in their own personal criminal trials.

2 Likes

Meanwhile…

Al Jazeera reports that the death toll in a new Israeli airstrike on an area where displaced Palestinians are being forced to shelter in tents has risen to 21.

It said the air raid targeted al-Mawasi in western Rafah, an area which Israel’s military had designated as a humanitarian area.

For the news network, which this month was banned from operating inside Israel by Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, Hind Khoudary reported that at least 13 of those killed were women.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

The original article/source material

1 Like

One of the best pieces I’ve read on the current situation.

4 Likes

So, if herding people into tents and bombing them isn’t a red line, what is?

1 Like

Let’s face it, there is no red line for the US and its allies regarding this war.

3 Likes

It’s both sides that are over the line. Which is why both were charged by the ICC.

2 Likes

If allowing Assad to gas his own citizens with impunity wasn’t deemed to have crossed the line , then I doubt whether any amount of ‘collateral damage’ in Gaza will ever reach the standard.

4 Likes

Ghouta, used Sarin on civilians at the start of Al Nusra rising. Despicably evil.

Funny thing is tho, it was Trump who stopped this.

Nothing can go right for the Palestinians :sob:

3 Likes