The Middle East Thread

It was an hypothesis about an imaginary world where countries act according to what’s right and not according to what suits them and their interests more.

2 Likes

Good news #1

Israel’s Knesset has voted to back prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s opposition to the “unilateral” creation of Palestinian state. Reuters reports 99 of 120 lawmakers voted to support the declaration passed earlier this week by the cabinet. Nine people voted against.

Likud and the far-rights have 62 seats. Fascism seems well entrenched in Israeli politics.

Good news #2

UN agency pauses Gaza food aid deliveries after looting and gunfire

I guess ‘unilateral’ in this instance means ‘we don’t agree with it’

1 Like

USA :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

:rofl:

It added that Israel has not “shared the raw intelligence behind its assessments with the US”.

Surprise, surprise :wink:

2 Likes

The parallel UN report about the abuse of Palestinian woman and girls is at least as disturbing. Deep hatreds have been unleashed and are being allowed to govern. I am reminded of some of the truly awful events in the former Yugoslavia when similar hatreds were allowed to rage.

1 Like

This is not from Hamas-run Health Authority in Gaza

“There is no health system to speak of left in #Gaza. Israel’s military has dismantled hospital after hospital. What remains is so little in the face of such carnage.”

MSF Secretary General Chris Lockyear briefs the @UN Security Council. Read more 👇https://t.co/NKkvmrYWm7

— MSF International (@MSF) February 22, 2024

:man_shrugging:

To add a layer on this miserable situation, I heard at the radio today that the UNWRA said that it won’t be able to maintain the bulk of its activities to relieve the suffering of the population in Gaza beyond early March, if nothing changes concerning the blocked funds.

What will happen then? :see_no_evil:

For fucks sake :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Israel war cabinet reportedly approves sending negotiators to Qatar for truce talks

I really don’t understand this circus. What the fuck have you been discussing in Cairo and Paris then? Such sadistic foot-dragging.

It’s Israeli holocaust 2.0. Made by Israel.

Israel delegation probably been there to enjoy the cuisines.

Doubt they are serious about discussions. The way that Israel feels is that they don’t have to remove their foot from the accelerator.

The whole article is incredibly saddening, but this part here is really concerning:

From other news media, we saw images of Israeli soldiers occupying Nasser hospital, placing many healthcare workers in custody and leaving the facility out of service. For three days we worried about Alser’s safety. He eventually responded: “I am still in Nasser hospital among my patients but many of my colleagues were arrested. In short, I lived three days in hell … What happened to the … doctors, patients [and] relatives is unbelievable even in your worst nightmares.”

One day, there will be a judgment in front of an international court, and hopefully this guy will be able to testify what these people have gone through, among many others.

1 Like

OMG, this is real :exploding_head:

Israel would release about 400 Palestinian prisoners and will not re-arrest them, the source told Reuters.

Shouldn’t that be a given :man_shrugging:

The draft proposal would also allow hospitals and bakeries in Gaza to be repaired and 500 aid trucks to enter the battered enclave every day, says Reuters.

So, why the hospitals and bakeries were destroyed in the first place?
Gaza used to receive 800 trucks of humanitarian aids before October 7, just saying.

Ramadan is expected to begin on the evening of 10 March and end on the evening of 9 April.

At the present rate another 1000 people (including hundreds of children) will be killed before the pause kicks in. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Just when you thought you couldn’t be any more shocked.

3 Likes