The Middle East Thread

I watched a program last night on France 24. One of the guests, an Israeli, admitted that there’s either a lack of discretion from the commanders or some of the units have gone rouge. He mentioned the killing of the three Israeli hostages as another example.

Just imagine the way the Israelis are conducting against non-western or non-Israelis. The most troubling thing is, after 100 journalists are murdered, we may not be getting enough news of the atrocities inside Gaza.

3 Likes

I think you will find it troubling, but these are deliberate actions. Israel wants to control the inflow and distribution of aids inside Gaza. They are trying to organize some gangs to manage the aid flow and thus control the population. In an earlier post I have mentioned that Israel have killed a Police officer who was ensuring security of aid convoys in northern Gaza.

2 Likes

Not according to the Israelis. They are all “regrettable mistakes” or some other such pish.

Roughly 100 journalists and 196 aid workers have been killed by the Israelis so far. They can’t all have been mistakes.

1 Like

I wanted to say this yesterday. I watched an interview of the Australian PM on ABC and it was so painful for him to point at Israel.

1 Like

Only surprised it’s taken so long.

1 Like

I do think however that the rest of the Israeli politicans are willing to let Netanyahu take the fall for this one knowing that he’s going to push the new norm way beyond the right to a position of no coming back. He can be made a scapegoat and then deposed for Israel to curry favour again.

Once he’s deposed , the new norm still ensues. And knowing the sleazy scum that Bibi is , you can be sure that he’s already made deals to get off lightly with the incoming establishment.

The Zionists will end up doing their people out of a country. Eventually it will be a pariah state and, unaided, finally succumb to the greater numbers of those states around them

You don’t ever let the army police civilian areas. Rule no 1. Most armies have personnel who are way too trigger happy.

Plus, soldiers wearing rouge must look a bit odd

Possibly, but the elephant in the room is that Israel has nuclear weapons.

I know there was supposed to be non-proliferation, but Israel didn’t sign up to that. They haven’t especially advertised it, but it is taken as a given that Israel has nukes. 80 at a minimum, and perhaps several hundred, able to be dropped from planes, fired from subs as cruise missiles or perhaps as ICBM. Probably some small tactical nukes too, in case things boil over with Iran.

I don’t know if they developed this separately, or if America assisted. Probably a bit of both, but it is very clear that Israel is by far the biggest military dog in the Middle East, and consequently does what it likes.

Iran could fight Israel in a conventional war, and the more Israel pokes it the more an escalation comes into view, but they don’t - yet - have nuclear weapons, so I don’t see a full scale war as Iran will lose as it stands.

I think there is a real question of at what level an action like this is authorized, and at what level it is just tacitly accepted/encouraged to allow for plausible deniability. This was without question deliberate, and the more you look at the details the worse the questions get.

Why would an Israeli-operated drone over Gaza being operating with missiles that have significant armour-piercing capability? You saw what that round did to the civilian vehicle, went through it like a hot knife through butter. Pointless, for general use HE rounds would be more useful.

Hamas doesn’t have AFVs. Any improvised armoured vehicles they might have had would long since have been destroyed, they are an easy target for an opponent that controls the air. There are two operators of armoured vehicles in Gaza now, the IDF and some of the aid agencies. So why was that drone packing that kind of weapon?

Controlling the resources is a means to gain power and the only resources in Gaza at the moment is the aids.

These three were decent men. RIP, and compassionate thoughts to their families and friends, who can be proud of them indeed.

Helpers who put their lives on the line in order to assist civilians in such a place, at such a dark time, are the true heroes of this conflict.

2 Likes

The most dark/sinister aspect of this murder is the fact that three of the seven victims were security liaison responsible for coordinating with IDF.

Read/watch this, chilling :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

“It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.”

Fucking hell

Stopped visiting this thread as was sickened by people trying to explain or rationalise Israel’s slaughter of civilians from October. Or arguing about whether this meets the threshold to be called ‘genocide’. It seems there’s been a change in tone here. Reflected in US/UK politicians words. All so sadly far too late

2 Likes

If Israel uses nuclear weapons in a middle east conflict it will be completely isolated which will lead to it falling apart. It would be suicidal.

1 Like

Yeah there (were) a few culprits that I just can’t respect anymore.