The Middle East Thread

While Biden, Cameron, UvdL, and other western leaders kept pointing fingers at Hamas, it’s Netanyahu who, once again, rejecting a ceasefire offer. Surprised?

1 Like

Considering its Netanyahu , nope. He’s the tail that’s wagging the dog right now.

I think he’s waiting for the US elections to get over.

3 Likes

I am the last person to defend Netanyahu, but I think this speaks to the dysfunction of internal Israeli politics as much as it says anything about him. This appeared to be a consensus deal from the Israeli “government”, but not that could be supported by the hardliners whose support is needed to maintain a “functional” government. Netanyahu pursues the deal and his government likely dissolves. I dont know the path forward, but I think the question to answer is how do other forces within Israel exert the same sort of pressure on him that the likes of Smotrich currently can.

1 Like

I get it, the moment Nutty accepts the ceasefire proposal the fascists will withdraw from the coalition and the government will collapse (BTW, he proved how low he can go by sleeping this those scumbags, and it’s all on him). But Grantz (12 seats) and Lapid (24 seats) can provide a healthy majority.

Will it happen? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Why does Guardian closes its Live Blog/Thread at 6 PM Tel Aviv time? As if nothing happens after that :unamused:

Presumably that’s when their local reporter is done with work?

2 Likes

Well done Netanyahu, keep going, total victory is within sight.

2 Likes

Israel will have killed all the hostages before they defeat Hamas

3 Likes

Israel is anti-Semitic

With just 80-85 hostages reportedly remaining alive, another month of bombing and shelling will get it done.

US President Joe Biden said Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu may be stalling on ending the war in Gaza for political reasons, a claim he later walked backed on

:laughing:

Ops, we did it again :laughing:

3 Likes

Outrage my ass. Bunch of pussies twiddling the thumbs as thousands die.

1 Like

Four hostages rescued from central Gaza Strip

Israeli forces have rescued four hostages alive from the central Gaza Strip on Saturday, the military said.

The four hostages, three male and one woman, had been kidnapped from the Nova music festival on 7 October and were taken to hospital for medical checks, Reuters reports.

The army said it rescued Noa Argamani, 25, Almog Meir Jan, 21, Andrey Kozlov, 27, and Shlomi Ziv, 40, in a complex special daytime operation in Nuseirat, AP reported.

I guess this now ends any chance for a ceasefire.

‘Complex daytime operation’ = killed 100+ civilians

4 Likes

Let’s brace ourselves for the inevitable stories of Hamas and their brutality.

I’ve all the sympathies with the hostages but the fact is that Israel has already weaponised this into their campaign and will continue to do so again.

2 Likes

As I’ve said before, every time I see an Israeli spokesperson saying that Hamas started the war, I feel like throwing the TV out of the window.

Hamas committed a heinous terrorist atrocity. Israel responded with all-out war.

4 Likes