The Music Thread

How I’m Feeling Now :rofl:

What a ‘Stunner’ this girl was/is…

4 Likes

And look who the facilitator was…I passed his house last year in Galloway just before he died.

4 Likes

something different…

1 Like

Love how a classic is interpreted on a traditional chinese instrument

For the Tennessee three …

It’s Fun Boy Three with “The Lunatics Have Taken over the Asylum”. Interesting that the powers that be are making it unavailable.

1 Like

Not sure if this was the video you had in mind…

2 Likes

Three bands that I’ve recently been into a lot. I will never stop being in awe of creativity, talent and ability of musicians from Northern Europe - you could probably apply the superlatives to musicians from any part of the world but when it comes to metal and aggressive music in general, there has to be something special there that influences people in a different way (Northern lights? Snow? Lakes? Fjords? Proper education in elementary and high schools?) and makes them weave all kinds of different influences into something cohesive and captivating.

I also find it very inspiring to see musicians in metal ruling their instruments but being able to contain themselves and not play billion of notes per second or blastbeat their way through songs just because they can. For some reason, I find these traits in Northern European and German bands that I listen to, though majority of them are far away from mainstream recognition and commercial success, unfortunately.

1 Like

3 Likes

Be fascinating to see what interest this group generate in Hyde Park in July

None, hopefully. As discussed earlier in the thread, they’re shite.

1 Like

that’s hot garbage.

They’re basically wage slaves of the Korean music production machine. Someone free them, please. Weirdly, they headlined Coachella in the U.S., which is this big music festival held in the desert. Used to be exclusively a showcase for grunge rock. Know K-pop shows up.

1 Like
1 Like

Caution Needed…
This song can tear you up if your Father has passed, can still tear you up if he hasn’t.!

2 Likes

Sometimes, when driving alone in the car, odd questions come to mind. For example: Do Koreans listen to K-pop?

Well, given that Japanese listen to J-pop, and like it, it’s not too much of a stretch to assume that Koreans do in fact listen to K-pop.
Is there a difference? I think K-pop has succeeded in sounding American, while J-pop sounds like a tinny and diluted imitation of it. Not that I go out of my way to listen to that shit.

Can you recommend a couple of the biggest J-pop bands? I’d like to have a listen.

The thing about K-pop, at least the ones that we get stateside, is it’s all sung in English and sounds like its by some black teenagers who’ve been counseled not to sound too ghetto. Totally Americanized.

Recommend? No, not really!

Anyway, here’s a collection from YT. The first band on the list is the best in Japan these days and that track actually sounds pretty good. I wouldn’t have classed them as J-pop. They’re more of an indie band who went mainstream.
The name “Sekai No Owari” means “The End of the World”. I’ll add a video of them as they can be visually interesting. The guy (?) with the clown mask always wears that mask.

1 Like

From Scorcese’s film about them , The Band give a flawless live rendition of their most famous song.

1 Like