The Owners - FSG

It’s increasingly like the baseball model isn’t it? I would expect FSG to do rather decently if that were the case…

Another commercial deal struck. The club need to continue to strike these deals and try and close the commercial revenue gap. This one sounds good to me…pun intended.

1 Like

I mean, they claim to be the world’s leading sound experience brand but how did they get on at the Sound Olympics, eh? Eh? And they’ve got a shit load of work to do if they’ve got any designs on breaking into the more local market. Round me it’s dominated by Starlings and Pigeons, never even heard of Sonos.

Not convinced.

3 Likes

Sonos? They’re barely Conference standard. This betrays an alarming lack of ambition by the club; we need to be signing only the best to improve the sponsorship starting XI. Someone like Burmester or Krell. Mark Levinson (not to be confused with Mark Lawrenson), maybe.

Or perhaps Esoteric, to boost shirt sales in the Far East.

2 Likes

Where is the Sonos money, John?

3 Likes

Hes prob got the sonos noise cancelling headphones on and can’t hear you.

4 Likes

Wonder if SONOS is an anagram of something or just a simple Palindrome…!
Who knows… or even cares as long as they paying their money! :0)

1 Like

I wish I could auto tune some of you out.

1 Like

As a bit of an audiophile myself,i had to check out Sonos and tbh although i’ve heard of them and thought the were a pretty average audio firm,they are in regards to actual speaker products.They are nowhere near top of the range and are 36th in the top 100 audio brands.

I think where they seem to be world leaders are in the fact that their products are partnered with over 100 companies like Spotify,Apple Siri,Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa,in the voice,wifi,smart speaker world

Sonos a bitch…

another partnership, how many is that now?

mind you, shouldnt grumble, at least we earn our cash, rather than rely on state handouts…

3 Likes

I checked out the official site for that earlier,we have 21 partners,22 if you include the concert partners,we still fall well short of United though,forgive me for going on their website (i feel dirty), they have 23 global,3 regional,13 financial and 9 media partners,so they have 48 in all.

1 Like

No wonder they rake in nearly 80 mil more than we do. They aren’t that good on the field as well.

1 Like

Never heard of Sonos.

Are they as good as Bose?

Just like they have more meaningful trophies than us. :joy:

1 Like

Bose are pretty much the level of competition Sonos are dealing with but from what i’ve read,Bose are a better/higher quality of audio speaker in comparison.

They’re both shite.

But we digress; the club has a sponsorship deal with a “household” name; I hope that said deal allows us to generate more income.

1 Like

The thing I never understand about FFP is that surely a club can be sponsored by any company for any product. Liverpool’s approved deep fat fryer / airline / toilet cleaner etc for pretty much any price. Maybe market value can be enforced but who’s to define what the market value is of Liverpool’s link to the golfing fraternity for example?

Every future player has to have NIKE tattooed on their head (reductio ad absurdum) as an example. Hello infinite funds. Particularly if your owner’s brother owns Nike.

Hence why there are market value and related party considerations when applying FFP.

1 Like

I would imagine there are almost limitless loopholes for sufficiently creative owners / management.

1 Like

Not necessary. Just hide your accounts for five years and then lawyer the fuck out of UEFA.

5 Likes