The Owners - FSG

It won’t be long till a NFT of De Bruyne sells to an unknown buyer for the cost of a Man City fullback - and given the GDPR rules and regs, no one will be able to trace that money.

6 Likes

I have a sneaky suspicion that part of the new rules will give uefa more leeway on how long they have to take punishment, or at lest refuse CAS if duplicity from the club is involved.

Where is @AnfieldRdDreamer?

Still filling out multiple surveys criticising the owners. Without him and his aliases we’d have been 2nd in that table.

It’s official:

fair value of transactions

I’ll believe it when I see it being enforced.

1 Like

The regulation limits spending on wages, transfers, and agent fees to 70% of club revenue. Assessments will be performed on a timely basis and breaches will result in pre-defined financial penalties and sporting measures.

The new regulations will come into force in June 2022. There will be gradual implementation over three years to allow clubs the necessary time to adapt.

Wow. Is this as dramatic as it seems? This effectively pulls up the drawbridge making it nigh on impossible for clubs to challenge the established order.

Does it? There’s no definition of what constitutes ‘revenue’. It certainly impacts us since our revenue streams are clear. But City? PSG? Newcastle? They can inflate their revenues as much as they want

2 Likes

Well presumably that’s where the fair value element needs to play a more effective part than previously.

I’ll have a look at the new regs later to see how they’re worded, particularly UEFA’s powers of enquiry and enforcement.

Is that in line with what the Spanish clubs are supposed to be limited to?

Wages, certainly, not sure how transfer fees are treated.

Does it? If UEFA are unable to prevent fuckery of reported revenue then how can this have any impact on a club that was using owner money to fund things?

1 Like

I have no confidence in UEFA given the track record.

Even if, when digested, the regulations seem sensible, enforcement will be the issue. Again.

Also the three year adjustment period effectively said to Newcastle, “Fill yer boots. You’ve got three years.” I can’t help but wonder what financial inducement UEFA received from Saudi to do that.

2 Likes

Here we go. Laundry list of crimes. I trust Der Spiegels investigation more than the premier league’s

3 Likes

Liverpool are in talks over a new shirt sponsorship deal as their £40 million-a-year contract with Standard Chartered is set to expire at the end of next season.

The global financial services company has yet to sign up to an extension and sources have told The Athletic that it is considering channelling its resources elsewhere.

Standard Chartered’s logo has adorned the front of Liverpool shirts since they took over from Carlsberg in the summer of 2010. Initially worth £20 million a season, the contract has since doubled in value.

Liverpool and Standard Chartered insist that discussions are ongoing and that no final decision has been made over whether their long-running partnership will continue beyond 2023.

However, The Athletic understands that Liverpool have already held preliminary talks with other companies about potentially coming on board.

Although the existing deal still has over a year to run, agreements such as this are usually thrashed out well in advance. For example, Standard Chartered’s most recent four-year extension was announced in May 2018 and kicked in 12 months later.

Liverpool will be looking for more than £40 million a season.

5 Likes

I hope we do a deal with Hugo Boss. Imagine the shirt with just ‘Boss’ on the front.

9 Likes

I think this forum collectively should try to pitch for it. Whats 40mil.

5 Likes

:neutral_face:

Dont know if it’s fair given the wide number of companies who helped implement the camps or benefited from them, but Boss seems to retain a particularly strong association with the Nazis

Any company that can afford £40m a year had probably undertaken sketchy business.

Standard charter themselves were under fire not so long ago, with some fans calling for them to be dropped.

I just hope for something that isnt garish or wanky like Dunkin Donuts

throw up i feel sick GIF by The Detour

Does that mean you’re hoping for a lower sponsorship deal?