The Owners - FSG

Madrid will end up with Jude, we’ll spit our dummy out and end up offering Naby and Ox a new deal.

The 2 will then get injured the day after renewing whilst Jude is bagging a hattrick on his debut at camp nou.

1 Like

Considering we already know we went late for Caicedo and the fact we went for Touchmani while the press were wanking over us waiting for Bellingham this kind of post has no real point.

The club won’t offer Keita a new deal, maybe a year back not now, I think his trust has been a bit blown with Klopp as for Ox he was hardly playing when fit last season.

People say get rid but what the fuck would you get for them? The only players we could sell we sold last summer, no one has been linked to eithier of them until the chance of a freebie came up, it speaks volumes.

1 Like

even a few million to a club that needs bolstering (assuming they’re healthy in January and playing) someone in the bottom half of the table like Leicester or a continental club in France/Spain?

Would Naby go to a place like Monaco or Marseilles?

1 Like

I agree with that. Financial reform, and accountability, are both pressing needs.

Melissa Reddy tweets above are spot on.

The issue is what we do next.

The World GIF

3 Likes

Spine of players (who hit unreal heights) have been overstretched physically + mentally due to lack of internal competition/inability to rest them more. Midfield went from being the functional bedrock to a red flag to neglected. Bodies counted over substance and availability.

I don’t agree with this. When did the midfield go to being a red flag? When we were 100 minutes roughly away from securing the quadrable a few months ago? There were concerns yes, but no one expected it to get this bad, this fast.

I still think that if we had a normal preseason with enough time to recover, we would be challenging again.

4 Likes

There is a case to be made for that…but why has it only taken it’s toll on us? You talk about not having enough time to recover, do you believe if it we had the full 10-12 weeks like we usually do we wouldn’t have so many injuries?

There have been warning signs for well over 8 months, some of our performances last season were horrible, especially by the end of the season. A lot of this was masked by Mane going on a purple patch scoring run. We basically transtioned to a team where if Thiago was playing we’d win, if not we’d struggle massively.

Although no-one included me expected the fall off a cliff in terms of performance levels from the entire spine bar Alisson…

And we didn’t have a normal preseason isn’t that the point? Using the failure in Asia as some sort of excuse is very poor. Every club knew the constraints and condension of this season and yet we appeared to double down on the intensity and break the already fragile squad.

Yeah, there is no one more deserving of the grace to forgive him a mistake. I just hope that whatever analysis they did that made them determine the various positions they seemingly did - Naby and Ox were at a physically reliable place, that Fabs legs hadn’t fallen off - has already been pulled apart by their data guys to find the errors in their models.

In many ways 20-21 was unplannable for other than just loading up your squad with a never ending search of 1 more player after more player. This season was if you were looking at the data and reading it correctly.

5 Likes

I don’t blame Klopp for the preseason, he’s listened to the advice of others. As you say, hopefully they have had a proper root and branch analysis of what went wrong.

We were the only team to play the maximum number of games. And yes if we had the usual preseason, I can’t imagine that we would be suffering from so many injuries.

8 months? We started to visibly stuggle during the Villarreal semifinals in late April - early May. We were flying until then. And I’m not sure what the Asian tour has to do with what I am saying, much less how I am using it as an excuse since I am not even mentioning it. My point is that Reddy’s assertion is false, if not outright disingenuous. Whatever happened after the conclusion of the season that deteriorated the situation doesn’t change that.

1 Like

We were, but right at that point the performances fell off cliff. The results we got considering were remarkable, but with everything that was on the line with every game we looked like we were sleep walking for long stretches. It was not many games, but it was a big enough sample size (maybe 7 games) to identify it as a pattern rather than just a bad result/performance.

I think one of my most surprising experiences on here was the resignation and acceptance after the spurs draw that we knew had likely cost us the title. This is a place where everyone is called shit and needs to be sold if we’re not 2 up in 20 minutes, but after that game there was far more a sense of acknowledgement that the group had just been wrung dry and had nothing more to give.

It was a big enough sample size to have looked at how weird this season is and reconsidered decisions that might have already been made about how much new blood we needed.

7 Likes

I’d add to that the last game of the season v’s Wolves, we conceeded a weak first goal, got the equiliser but throughout for me we just looked done. All huff and puff and snatched shots… City were losing 2-0 at this point and whilst you will never know if we had stormed ahead of Wolves would City have been able to mount the come back?

I’m very surprised that FSG who basically cream data analytics haven’t been presented with data showing the core of Klopps team was showing signs of decline, I think it probably was but Klopp was given more say over the squad (see Hendersons contract), heck he’d have extended Gini if FSG hadn’t of kept the wage offering down.

What’s done is done, it’s a big task for FSG and Klopp but as others have said, Reddy etc. FSG need to probably overpay a little and Klopp needs to be ruthless and cull players just not doing it anymore. I think we do this right in Jan we will be ok.

Important consideration I was talking to a former team mate about last night - the importance of the training ground general. The overlap between the players who enforce klopp’s standards and those whose match day importance has waned is considerable. We know of the title team it was mostly, Hendo, Lallana, and Milly. Lallana has gone and has Klopp seen a lack of any of the new guys standing up? Has Klopp’s decisions on the make up of the squad been influenced by a need to keep the generals around in the absence of the others not taking over those roles?

3 Likes

I think that is a really good question. From the outside, it’s easy to think that could be an issue.

2 Likes

Do you have a source for this? It’s the first I’ve read of it and I’m keen on learning more…

It could be but I’d be very disappointed… We have Van Dijk and Robbo both captains of their country, they hardly appear to lack leadership.

I read from some pretty (usually) connected people that since the begining of summer Klopp is doing much less of the hands on coaching of the team. It does feel (especially when you see what happened at NEC) Lijinders and others have been given more responsibility and that’s not working out. The tactical switch to have Trent as this roaming right sided creative force is a carbon copy of the tactics which failed at NEC.

I read it sometime during his first season at Redbull when were being linked to him but I can’t remember where off the top of my head. It would have been a liverpool source from the athletic, or Melissa Reddy I think. I will try to remember.

No one was interested in Ox the summer of 21 or last summer we can’t sell anyone if nobody is interested in buying its not Football manager.

1 Like