The Owners - FSG

FSG fans? Maybe better to describe people who see our owners as possibly the best we can hope for, currently.

2 Likes

It remains to be seen.

Top four is possible, but might be a tall order after next three games.

Either way, we are clearly in transition. The team regressed this season more than anyone reasonably expected, and at the same time some component parts of the emerging team are now here.

Just needs an engine…

3 Likes

FSG Out brigade members jump all over anyone who reasonably believes that the owners are actually doing ok.

6 Likes

and neither tendency readily leads to an informative discussion that considers the possibility that they are doing some things very well for the club, but have made some mistakes too.

6 Likes

You have to have some seriously warped agenda to think that FSG’s mistakes come even vaguely close to their successes.

Klopp
Stadium
etc.

2 Likes

I get it, we missed a trick last summer getting the right midfielders in the middle of the pitch. Should have sold Naby, Oxlade and replaced them.

But who would think that Fab and Hendo would have dropped off a cliff in performance in the summer

We were in FOUR finals last season. Two cups and two other finals.

12 months ago, if anyone suggested the whole midfield needs turning over… they’d have been laughed at.

Hindsight is 20/20 in the sport.

5 Likes

Again hindsight, but I do recall a match in the 2021/22 season where Fab got absolutely obliterated by Manchester City. It may have been the FA Cup SF. It was quite jarring how much he was exposed by them. His confidence took a nosedive after that point which has carried into this season. So we probably should have seen that coming.

As for Henderson, he is an injury-prone player in his 30’s and I think the fear was more that he was going to be injured rather than him not performing.

I raise my hand and admit I was in denial about the midfield, and defended them when they were attacked even before the season started. I was wrong on that.

I was suggesting we needed more turnover at the back end of last season and was told why break up an ‘almost there’ team but the very fact that we went so far and again came up short in the PL and then were sapped in the CL final should have made it clear that we wouldn’t be able to go back to the well yet again. It would be absolutely exhausting putting together the points and performances the boys have to keep coming up just short. If I could see this watching the games from the other side of the world, then sure as fuck the coaching and data side could have seen it much earlier.

1 Like

Really? Another money-spinning pre-season tour after what is considered to be a very poor season that can be attributed to some very poor planning during the pre-season of 22/23?

Shouldn’t LFC be doing all of its pre-season in and around Europe where it saves time for everyone and gives the team valuable time to recover properly instead of flying around in a plane?

2 Likes

To an extent. But the club have to play the game a bit, re commercial deals. We can’t be trying to suck money out of Asia or America, and never put in an appearance.

Will you at any point be considering our transfer budget this summer? That money grows on a tree, you do know that?

Who we going for GIC or Temasek?

1 Like

If you read properly you’ll see in many reports we’ll be doing a proper camp in France/Austria first, then travelling a little bit. So no you’re wrong, we have learnt lessons.

5 Likes

If the owners really cared about the club over profits they’d just charter enough planes to fly all of the Liverpool fans in Singapore over to Liverpool instead. Should pay for their hotels too the cheap bastards. Pretty sure that wouldn’t count towards FFP either.

2 Likes

:rofl:

This is the crucial bit. Last season was a shortened pre season, partly because we were brilliant and had an extended season, and partly because of the World Cup. Still, mistakes were made in our scheduling and conditioning. We made a bad start and the whole season got off on the wrong foot. And stayed there.

This time I’m delighted to hear we are doing a proper camp.

As for traveling afar, it’s a double edged sword. If we want the money that comes with a global fan base and global sponsorships, we need to show our faces. That’s only fair, and to be honest, I love having a massive global fan base.

We are a great, great football club!

Seems like the balance will be better this time. Good.

1 Like

Hey welcome to Singapore!

9d05befb-647c-4f26-b0d8-3c2d4aeb68a3_text

1 Like

I had massive issues with the way it was set up, playing two PL teams one that seemed to treat it as a proper game and those being within the first week or two of a condensed Pre season.

It seems they will be doing the training camp first which sounds far better. Get the players ready play some Austrian or German league 2 sides and then start to step it up out in Singapore before coming back for a game at Anfield or somewhere before the season starts.

1 Like

Anfield would be great. It’s the only chance I have to get tickets for my Grandsons. A local away similar to the Chester, Blackburn and Bury ones from past seasons would also be good. :+1::nerd_face:

5 Likes

Also notably, minimizing the travel one we get there. Last year not only did we have our game just days into preseason, we then travelled from Thailand to Singapore for our next game. Not only is this trip coming much deeper into pre-season, it is being reported as a one stop tour

2 Likes