The Owners - FSG

i think weve out grown FSG and its time for them to sell up rather than find investement. Lets be honest…who really thinks we will spend the moNEY we need this summer?

1 Like

I do. We’re smashing everyone next season!

There we go again. Signed a very good player already, transfer window just opened and here are the FSG out all over again.

If your only barometer of a great owner is to splash money like it’s free, be careful then what you wish for. Look at these other clubs who are splashing money with wild abandon and then look at Liverpool and ask yourself why you love and supported Liverpool all these while. Then you will understand why the way we behave with money is so important to keep the core of what Liverpool is about.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it so much but all I’ve seen so far is us sign Macallister everything else is just rumours.

Exactly had a right do with a nob on Facebook because he was getting all hyped up because Newcastle are linked with Barella for 50m. He came out with the quote Newcastle shopping at Harrods Liverpool shopping at Aldi I reminded him we had bought a world cup winner in for 35m and that was his biggest gripe they are spending 50m we are only doing 35m. It shows most aren’t fussed on who the player is its how much they cost.

2 Likes

Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

I got into an argument with a lad on Facebook who was arguing that Arsenal are better owners than FSG, and was ranting that they are linked to Caicedo, Mount, Havertz and Rice, while we have only signed Mac Allister.

I’m sure you can spot the flaw in his argument.

4 Likes

I think there is good reason to believe we are planning to bring in another 1 or 2 mids and a defender this window.

Our recruitment is usually more hit than miss, and i dont know a lot about the different players that may be targets.

So i am less bothered about knowing exactly who we are after than other people.

But i do understand the buzz that can generate from reading rumours.

let me stop you right there GIF

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

4 Likes

The irony being they put a title challenge together last year largely by doing most of their business in that same £25m-£45m range with the odd exception here and there just like we do. They’ve just done it over a season or two less than we did having pissed around in the doldrums for a decade.

Now they’re at the “adding final pieces” stage whereas we’re in a bit of a rebuild and need quantity and quality.

It’s all cyclical. Once Arteta goes to City to replace Pep they’ll fall apart again.

2 Likes

That ain’t ever gonna happen.

Unless Arteta wins something big, he isn’t going to be a manager with a high enough profile for the owners. And we all know that Arsenal aren’t going to win anything big.

2 Likes

Arteta would implode at Arsenal and that would stop his chances of success at City.

He’s just another Brendan

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s about as close to continuity as they might get and with the entire club and side built around Pep and his approach then I think they’d look to find the best fit for that. Plus Pep will no doubt have some input and if Arsenal are still there or there abouts, it’s a great way to weaken a rival.

Time will tell but I think he’s closer to Pep on the spectrum than he is Rodgers. Big season ahead for him and I’m fully prepared to be proven wrong on that.

3 Likes

City’s next manager won’t be Arteta, in an ideal world.
It will be Neil Warnock or Allardyce trying to get them into the Championship

3 Likes

This

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/alexmiller73/status/1669662711385317377?s=46&t=I9B3N5FNSxFdHZy_BQFPZg

1 Like

It remains to be seen how much the minor investment helps the club, or the owners. They are not synonymous. It is quite possible that a tranche of cash comes in and all it does it dilute their shareholding and they realize some of the 10x gains from their investment. FSG shareholders are happy. They get their money back, plus a healthy return, AND they continue to hold a majority stake in Liverpool FC.

I think that sort of scenario is more likely.

We will be watching to see how much of the money will make its way down to the club to use. We might get a temporary boost for transfers, I don’t know, but over the long haul, our biggest need is for the relevant authorities to run a rules based order.

2 Likes

If it dilutes their shareholding that means the club creates and sells additional shares to another party - the club would probably increase in value by the value the new shares are sold for but the existing holders would not realize their gains or benefit immediately.

Thanks for the correction.

The main point I was trying to make is that FSGs interests and needs, and LFCs interests and needs, are not necessarily the same.

FSG can get a return on their investment, since it has grown so much in value, AND continue to keep a majority stake in LFC, while the new investment doesn’t meaningfully trickle down to the club to use, either for infrastructure or transfers.

Edit:
I don’t think it will play out entirely that way, as there will be pushback from fans. But my expectation is a temporary boost for the club, with the majority of the benefit going to FSG shareholders.

1 Like

I just cannot see FSG taking in equity in order to dump it into evaporating player value in a way that departs from their fundamental model. That said, neither would I expect them to sell existing shares and pay themselves out. That is not something I believe they have done elsewhere, the model is rather all or nothing. If it is time to sell, it is time to sell the whole thing. I believe the reason they are looking at an LFC-only investment is simply because it is a different potential pool of capital than an investment into FSG as a whole.

2 Likes